Great environment to build management experience

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Corporate is heavily involved in retail environment
-Reinforces specialty contributions vs. department store contributions
-Quality training program
-Embraces diversity
-Fun-filled work environment
-Growth opportunities are endless

Cons

I only have one con-

PAY.

I am at the highest form of management at my location. My contributions to the company and growth in the last couple of years, speak for itself. I have found that the compensation does not meet skills/qualifications of various associates, including myself.

The success at which your company reaches is primarily based off how you value your employees. Compensation plays a great roll in the retention of your employees. Employee turn-over is guaranteed to decrease, too. Know when you have five-star employees and benefit them accordingly. Know when an employee is irreplaceable.

Other Reviews for Everything But Water

Cool but High Maintenance

Former Employee - Keyholder  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Houston, TX

I worked at Everything But Water part-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting to know high end swim wear, great discounts on in store products (not just the swim wear), and you get to meet tons of foreign vistors! And people WANT you to help them dress up in swim wear! Great team to work with!

Cons

The supervisor (not the manager) would harass my manager thinking we weren't putting in a 110%! Just wasn't getting enough advertisement at the time, so sometimes you get a lot of slow days the fast days were a lot more fun.

Don't be so quick blame! Your blame leads to stress and whenever you stress out the manager you stress out the sales people, I sold more when I wasn't panicking about the goals! I even REACHED the goal when we weren't under stress of perfection.

Not much recognition for your hard work.

Current Employee - Key Holder
    Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Everything But Water part-time for more than a year

Pros

Above minimum wage pay, working with great products, and its a smaller company so it's relatively easy to get in contact with the people you need to contact.

Cons

Outdated computer and communication system, they want us to some what pester the customers to try something on, it takes forever to move up in the company or to even get a raise or review.

Give your workers recognition for their hard work and give them hope to move up in the company if they have showed interest in doing so.

There are newer employer reviews for Everything But Water.

Worked for Everything But Water? Contribute to the Community!