There are newer employer reviews for Evonik Corporation

Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Evonik Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Superb product lines, strong position in all markets, strong technical innovation, constant R & D

Cons

Exchange Rates can sometimes hinder competitiveness. Evonik is a global company and is thus effected by global swings.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Evonik Corporation (View Most Recent)

This is only for Birmingham Alabama location

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Evonik Corporation full-time

Pros

It is located in a very pretty place, fairly new and good facility and equipment, salaries and benefits good to fair, but that is not enough to make it a good place to work.

Cons

Originally called Brookwood, then Surmodics, now Evonik, no matter what the name, the management and supervisory staff was, for the most part, shockingly immature and childish. In the employee evaluation meetings, I heard the most petty, childish, unconstructive things said by managers in public about their direct reports. Not from all, but it was tolerated by all, especially the top bosses. It would feel like being stuck in an eighth grade clique or "mean girls" movie. Not to imply this was one sex or the other, both male and female managers have a problem with maturity. I would also hear managers throughout the years refer to their employees using dehumanizing terms, almost like they were mechanical tools. The top management also encouraged an atmosphere of "separatism", the employees who had originally come over from SRI in the beginning (2005, I think) were heralded, over and over again, as the great explorers who risked their lives to head westward in the great expansion. Everyone else was left to feel like the unwashed hoards. Get over it.

Get a clue.

Great experience, but not a wonderful place to work

Former Employee - Maintenance and Engineering Intern in Mapleton, IL
    Former Employee - Maintenance and Engineering Intern in Mapleton, IL

I worked at Evonik Corporation

Pros

Nice people who were willing to teach and help me
    Interesting processes

Cons

No cafeteria
    Lots of out of date / inaccurate documents

There are newer employer reviews for Evonik Corporation