www.ewing1.com
  www.ewing1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ewing

Recognition and appreciation go a long way

I have been working at Ewing

Pros

You learn as you go just like most jobs. If you grasp things well in terms of knowledge you will learn a lot from your fellow employees. Company training is decent to a certain extent. You will get a chance to work with some great people, both fellow employees and customers. For the most part it is a job. They aren't on your case constantly nor are they breathing down your neck constantly.

Cons

The pay is TERRIBLE! Now I know that we're in a "tough economy" but how about showing the loyal and profitable employees some recognition and respect in terms of pay and give credit where credit is due. Instead of running the employees through the ringer with these ridiculous SP tests just give them the raise. Were we not considered "service professionals" before these tests? It's a dollar for christ sake. I mean a 25 cent raise in the few years ive been there? Really? Don't get me wrong, i know you have to fill up the private jet that you bought to replace the smaller one you had in the MIDS"T of this "great recession", but seriously, give credit where it's due before you start losing employees to other companies who actually care about their employees. Cut the bull and start caring.

You need to better screen for branch managers. I know a few managers who know much less than the guys they're "managing" and they (the employees) are making less. Managers with people skills and the ability to get the job done are what you need to be looking for. Seniority means nothing these days. A guy that's been there 2 years has the same right to have the opportunity to manage than the guy who's been there 5. Open your eyes and see for yourself who the best man for the job is. Not because he's been there longer. You'd better see your hardworking employees for the great workers they really are rather than just another body. This isn't the only job out there. Give us some incentive, especially the one's who have been here for years. Stop thinking all about money and give your mind some space for us guys who REALLY run this company, the branch employees, or as you guys seem to look at us as, the pee-on's. Lastly, quit saying we're a "family". If you treat your real family the way you treat us then they must feel as neglected and uncared for as us. START CARING! And yes, I am a current employee.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Ewing (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Ewing

Pros

I you need a job and you have some basic skills then its a job to have till something better comes along. You will learn somethings about the irrigation industry if this is a field you like. You will also have the opportunity to learn about other companies and how they work incase you are looking to join them. Its a M-F and 1/2 day on Saturday.

Cons

If you are looking for a good career then I strongly advise you not to look here. If you do have the skills to get the job done you will not be paid accordingly. Need to stop spending money where it does not matter. The employees need it more. Trianing can be done better. Need to truley get that family run business feel back. Owner needs to learn the business and a better interest in the employees. Need to stop calling perks that are NOT perks when the employees are paying some in order to have them.

Owners need to get back to their roots. Its all become about the money. The company is making money in this economy and the employees are hurting to stay above water. If you don't care how you are perceived in the industry then keep going the way you are. If you do care then things need to change. People have their opinions you just need to take the time and listen. Stop talking about what a great company you are when you are saying one thing and doing another. Let your actions speak for themselves. Someone else started the wheel rolling for you and its at a point that its easy to keep rolling with little effort. Are you just along for the ride or do you want to leave your mark by earning your position and not just cause your last name is what it is. People know.

Pay Per Performance

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Ewing

Pros

Fast growing company with lots of potential for growth.

Cons

Manager salery are not consistant or fair. High performing managers make less than low performing managers. Manager are required to be very invovled with sales, but have no incentive or commission structure. No pay raises (not even cost of living increase). Managers now required to pay $100 per month for company vehicle usage. Heath premiums have gone up. No pay increase with increase heath premiums & co vehicle fee is a pay cut. In harsh economy?!?

Make compensation more fair for managers (Pay per performance). That's what it all boils down to for employees. That's why we are here...to earn an income. Maybe only have 1 Development conference until the economy turns around. Why don't you reduce your operating expenses by doing the development conferences via webinar instead of paying hundreds of thousands to fly everyone in and stay at a high-end resort. I know employees would much rather see that money in the form of pay raises. It seems rediculous to not give raises, force employees to pay $100 per month for vehicle usage, yet spend money so carelessly on 1 week of classes.

There are newer employer reviews for Ewing