Ex'pression College for Digital Arts

www.expression.edu

Great place for a part-time instructor position.

Instructor (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsEx'pression College for Digital Arts is a proprietary school that allows students to earn a degree in 2 and 1//2 years - if they choose. They can also go for 4 years, again, their choice. The school only gives four degrees - all geared toward people who want to work in the film, recording or animation fields. The school has really great students - they are bright, inquisitive, taalented and do the work needed to learn. Management and administration is also very helpful. Teaching always has a certain amount of stress involved but the atmosphere of mutual support among teachers, administration and management is great. I feel very respected and supported by adminstration.

ConsAll the jobs for teachers are pretty much part time. One or perhaps two courses in one 5 week module. However, the school has a large enrollment so once you start teaching a required course you can pretty much keep on teaching. Unfortunately, teacher turnover is high because the job is so very part time. It is hard to make a living from just part time teaching. And, of course, part-time instructors do not have benefits. It can work out if you have insurance, etc. through a partner or spouse.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a little closer eye on some of your teachers. Unfortunately, longevity seems to confer a kind of immunity - no one asks whether the students are learning.

Expression College is a dying bloated dinosaur

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Ex'pression College for Digital Arts part-time

Pros: Many of the people that work here are great. Lab instructors are… Cons: Students are misled. The sound program at this college is basically a $100,000 trade school that uses subjective marketing & psychology to lure in two main… Advice to Senior Management: Build a more authentic relationship with the people on the ground who work here. Also,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Looking forward to growth!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Ex'pression College for Digital Arts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Just sold to SAE. Hopefully, this will mean growth for… Cons: Wages, confusion, frustration, inconsistency. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ex'pression College for Digital Arts.

Worked for Ex'pression College for Digital Arts? Contribute to the Community!