There are newer employer reviews for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

If you want to be challenged day in and day out, be able to network immensely and feel so rewarded everyday-this is you.

Former Employee - Demand Generation & Global Programs  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Demand Generation & Global Programs in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Every single person within ET is more than happy to meet with you to help, provide some source of advice, or just learn more about what you're doing You can do anything you set your mind to!

Cons

I never found a Con.

132 Other Employee Reviews for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud (View Most Recent)

Becareful leaving a good job for this company, 30% of new hires don't make the cut the first year.

Former Employee - Corporate Sales  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of parties/free food, young and energetic company, decent pay, nice downtown location.

Cons

There are a lot of good things about this company but the company is so into itself they forget to treat people humanely if that makes sense. They hire, hire, hire but if they dont like you and you don't fit exactly into their "Orange Culture" employee mold they will get rid of you within the first year and completely forget that you are a person who has kids to feed and that you probably left a good job to go to work for them.

At least 30% of new hires dont last longer than a year, it might be more now, it's kind of disgusting really but they know what they want and aren't open to free thinkers. They "say" they want "leaders" but its quite the opposite, they want followers.

The culture they have set up is too much, it like doesn't even feel real, like slavish, cultish 24/7 devotion to this Orange ideal, it's like these people think they are gonna work there for life and nothing could ever possibly change. Im not a troublemaker I am just a realist, so what did they do, they got rid of me within the first year. They don't do layoffs so do avoid bad press they just find a reason to fire you. It's pretty hard to deal with, you see backdoor corporate bullying at its finest at ExactTarget.

It's a fun and cool place to work at times and if you fit and if they like you you'll probably be there for a while, but if not it's a pretty huge letdown, buyer beware, it's up to you but I wish I hadn't left a great job for ExactTarget all to be kicked to the curb a few months later.

Promote women and minorities to Senior Leadership. Treat people better, be ethical and civil in your dealings. Stop being a corporate bully.

I use to really love my job now I am just nervous about my future with ExactTarget.

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Sales Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unfortunately, most of the good parts have gone with the acquisition, nothing lasts forever, I guess. There's still free pop and snacks in the break room, for now.

Cons

I use to really love my sales job here at ExactTarget but I am afraid to say those days are long gone. This use to be the place the be in Indianapolis for corporate sales but it really isn’t what it use to be, perks have been cut, pay has been cut ever since SalesForce took the reigns. I was hopeful with the acquisition but it hasn't been what I had hoped at all. There's been several people who have been let go from sales and for the first time in nearly 4 years of working here I am nervous about potentially losing my job. It's really sad as a year ago I could have seen being here for a large part of my career but I guess thats tech, ever changing, and volatile. I would be cautious about taking a sales job with ExactTarget right now, they keep hiring but its because people keep leaving for better opportunities, lots of uncertainty going on, the good people are getting out and I will be leaving as soon as I find a new opportunity.

I know you think its all about the money but why not try to remember who made you into what you are.

There are newer employer reviews for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Worked for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud? Contribute to the Community!