ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

www.salesforce.com
  www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Great place to work, but the company expects way too much from those on the front lines

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Pros

Outstanding culture--young, vibrant, savvy, intelligent, cutting edge, entreprenurial. Good atmosphere--nice offices; good workspace; laid back; no dress code; free snacks, coffee, and soda. Fun place to work. Upwards of 75% of the workforce is under age 35.

Cons

Management often sets unrealistic expectations which the employees often meet. As a result, more and more unrealistic expectations are set causing a great deal of stress to employees. Most areas of the business are under staffed and under resourced, again because employees keep doing more with less. At some point, this under staffing and resourcing is going to lead to great client disatisfaction. The company prides itself on tremendous growth and earnings, but these earnings aren't being put back into the business. The company claims that it's greatest resource is it's people, but talent management, training, and development are sorely lacking.

The company has relied far too long on young talent willing to work their fingers to the bone to prove themselves. As the talent ages and life events like marriage and family start happening, employees are going to have less and less time to spend at work, making the unrealistic goals impossible to achieve.

Stop telling employees that they need to produce 40% more every quarter or they're going to get left behind. It's assinine and arrogant to ask people to produce 160% more every year. It's just not possible and folks are sick of hearing it. If you expect folks to produce 160% more every year, you need to be prepared to offer them more than a measley 4% salary increase every year.

Also, stop telling folks that they'll never experience anything like this in their lifetime. I'm certain we're all capable of finding other good jobs at fast growing companies. It's not like the rank and file of the company are going to significantly cash in when the company goes public or is acquired.

There's really a handful of folks that are going to get rich when the company gets bought or goes public and I'm tired of working so hard to make so few rich.

141 Other Employee Reviews for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud (View Most Recent)

Awesome!

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Pros

Fast paced, creative problem solving, in a collaborative environment with 1000 awesome people around the world.

Cons

Our coffee machine broke once and it took almost 15 minutes to fix it ;)

Keep pressing the peddle to the metal! This has been an amazing ride watching our company grow and lead our space!

Great place to work

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Pros

Dynamic, fast changing, genuinely nice people. It offers decent pay and you get opportunities for professional growth. Internship program is of great quality.

Cons

Growing like crazy, sometimes there's too much on people's plate.

Keep the start-up culture alive

There are newer employer reviews for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud