Examination Management Services

www.emsinet.com
  www.emsinet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Examination Management Services

This is a very disorganized organization that lacks effective management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Examination Management Services

Pros

EMSI offers a decent salary for certain positions. Unfortunately, this is all they have to offer.

Cons

My biggest complaint with this company is incompetent management. This is made more apparent by the ineffective and jaded subordinates. Departments are disorganized and there is clearly a lack of proper training for current associates. Communication between managers and their employees is nonexistent. Even before I was hired, it was nearly impossible to reach the person who hired me. That should have been a distinct indication that this was not a good place to work. For a company that has been in business for over 30 years, you would expect to walk into a better culture. Employees walk around like drones with no expression and a dissatisfied demeanor.

For those executives in charge of hiring department managers, hire candidates who have actual experience in successful management practices. For those managers who hire for their departments, have an actual strategic plan before you add additional members to your team. It would also be beneficial to make sure your current departmental staff is competent.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Examination Management Services (View Most Recent)

If you land in the right department it can be a fun and rewarding experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Examination Management Services

Pros

Some of the upper level management (not senior level) are inspiring people from which to learn. The company is flexible with Paid Time Off requests. There are usually opportunities for advancement if you have a motivated and driven work ethic.

Cons

It can be a challenging environment if you are not open to change. The industry's needs change rapidly so employees should keep an open mind. When the industry's needs change, or technological requirements change, it often means so do your workflows, processes and systems. Come with a willingness to adapt and learn.

Focus on ONE change at a time. There are often so many projects in the works that first versions never become second or third versions. We all work in different systems, so half the technical staff is employed to make our different systems talk to each other and a third of our work days are spent trying to figure out what another department 'sees' on their end.

Not a good cultural fit.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Examination Management Services

Pros

Very good people, who want to succeed.

Cons

Management lacks vision and strategies for success.

Embrace change in order to evolve.

There are newer employer reviews for Examination Management Services

Worked for Examination Management Services? Contribute to the Community!