Exar
www.exar.com Fremont, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Not a bad place to work

Middle Manager (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA

ProsFinancially secure company with a long history ( 40 years). A lot of employees have been with the company 10+ or 20+ years. A good work environment, friendly people, expectations are reasonable and coworkers are helpful. Compensation and benefits are both reasonable-- not outstanding, but fair. By Silicon Valley standards, a stable company where you know what you're going to get.

ConsExar struck me as overly resistant to change, which isn't a big surprise given how long it has been around. I also felt that Exar lacked an identity in a way that no other place I've worked has. What makes Exar Exar? I guess the fact that it's been around for 40 years-- every other place I've worked has something more tangible: advantages in customer service, engineering or pricing, etc. But for Exar I could never put my finger on it-- except to say that it's been around 40 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what Exar does well and stick with it.

Exar is not bad

Senior Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Fremont, CA

I have been working at Exar

Pros: In general, Exar has competent employees who are nice people. There are lots of… Cons: Exar has a broad focus for such a relatively small company (about 500 employees). … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

just so so

I have been working at Exar full-time

Pros: relaxed, not very busy, balanced, elastic work time, Cons: no new product, short IT resource, need better internal management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Exar.

Worked for Exar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Exar CEO Louis DiNardo. All reviews posted anonymously by Exar employees.