There are newer employer reviews for Exelis

Ok

I have been working at Exelis

Pros

a very flexible work schedule

Cons

Poor upper management; lack of upward mobility; no pay increases/promotions.

358 Other Employee Reviews for Exelis (View Most Recent)

After 32 years of engineering, I can say this is the worst company I have dealt with

Current Employee - Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at Exelis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The customer (i.e., the Government) has not found out how badly this company is run.

Cons

Management. Management. Management. Nearly every level from mid-level on up does not understand their core business technologies. And that would be ok, except they don't trust their technical staff. So they make decisions in a vacuum and have driven business and products into the ground. I've been here nearly 10 years and have yet to see one project succeed. 90% of the time it is due to decisions made by the program managers without the input of their technical staff.
    One additional concern is their ability to lie. The culture is supposed to be about 'doing the right thing' when it is really 'do whatever gets us paid.' Absolutely no ethics here. Oh... and again, where does this come from? Management.

Quit your job and go back to managing at McDonald's where you are competent.

LOGCAP Racist HR

Current Employee - Transportation Supervisor  in  Kakakheyl', Logar Province (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Transportation Supervisor in Kakakheyl', Logar Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at Exelis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The check never bounced. The ice cream is free.

Cons

ITT LOGCAP HR is control by blacks and grossly favors them. If you are white you'll be a field employee forever while your black foreman or supervisor is sleeping, working out, calling the US on the government IP phone all day or surfing the internet.

Get a clue. Fire all the useless employees - about 75%, then fire yourself.

There are newer employer reviews for Exelis

Worked for Exelis? Contribute to the Community!