Exelis
www.exelisinc.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Experienced, excellent and amazing engineers. Questionable middle and upper management.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Exelis full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA good place to learn, if you want to, from experienced engineers who have been working for 30+ years at ITT Exelis.

ConsA lot of management change, downsizing, future path not clear. Young and inexperienced folks in middle management are allowed to make uninformed decisions. This is could and have lead to major costumer(s) dissatisfactions and loss of future work. Naive perception of risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet experienced engineer make design decision. Please understand that MBAs are not qualified to make engineering decisions. Value quality and focus costumer's needs.

Great environment and good people

Capture Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Exelis full-time for more than a year

Pros: Agile and focused environment, good management Cons: Need to take more risks in growing the business Advice to Senior Management: Need more focus on long term strategy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Many changes. Uncertain future.

Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Exelis full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: An old, but large, well equipped facility with secure off-street… Cons: As an independent company, ITT Exelis is struggling with an shrinking defense market and a huge pension debt which it inherited from ITT Corp. There… Advice to Senior Management: If you want the company to survive and prosper, you have to get serious about eliminating waste. I agree with the plan to eliminate the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Exelis.

Worked for Exelis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exelis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Exelis CEO David F. Melcher. All reviews posted anonymously by Exelis employees.