Exelis

www.exelisinc.com
  www.exelisinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Exelis

Management doesn't care about employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Exelis full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The only Pro that I can think of is the regular employees at this company. From hourly up to, maybe, the 1st 2 layers of management. Beyond that there is GREED. No raises for employees yet Melcher got 9 million

Cons

Greed, Micromanagment, turning a blind eye, trying to skirt the system, lying, Putting road blocks up.retaliation, waste. Dave Melcher got 9 million dollars( 200% pay increase) and then went on to tell the employees that even though the company was doing great that we would not be getting our measily 3% merit increase.

The customers and stockholders are important..........The employees are also important. Without employees there is NO Exelis. When I say employees I mean the people that actually do the work. The production, The IT, the Engineers. They keep this company running for you so you can have customers and pay the stockholders. But the families you laid off mean nothing to you. My advice is for you to look at your employees.

387 Other Employee Reviews for Exelis (View Most Recent)

One of the worst managed companies I have ever seen

I have been working at Exelis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people who took a lot of pride in working on products that saved War Fighters lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Cons

Corporate Management focused on protecting their fiefdom in Clifton, NJ at the expense of the health of the whole corporation.

Hire people that know how to manage a large corporation and start treating your people like the valuable asset they are, instead of commodities to be hired and fired as needed. Training new people costs money and it takes time to build a cohesive team, which is disrupted with every purge.

Experienced, excellent and amazing engineers. Questionable middle and upper management.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Exelis full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to learn, if you want to, from experienced engineers who have been working for 30+ years at ITT Exelis.

Cons

A lot of management change, downsizing, future path not clear. Young and inexperienced folks in middle management are allowed to make uninformed decisions. This is could and have lead to major costumer(s) dissatisfactions and loss of future work. Naive perception of risk.

Let experienced engineer make design decision. Please understand that MBAs are not qualified to make engineering decisions. Value quality and focus costumer's needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Exelis