Exelixis

www.exelixis.com

Love it.

Current Employee - Senior Scientist  in  South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Scientist in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

The work is fast-paced and very interesting. My colleagues treat me and each other with respect. Competence rules, with little or no deadwood. Senior management has my full trust and respect. I believe they are doing a great job of moving the company forward and that we will ultimately be successful with multiple compounds. Benefits are excellent, with lots of support for work/life balance. Just a great place.

Cons

The company is still pre-commercial; there is no revenue stream other than that from partners. Despite the relatively large pipeline, the company could still fail if multiple trials go badly or much too slowly.

Go faster! I know its not realistic given how fast we move already, but everyone wants to see our compounds move through the clinic as quickly as possible.

Other reviews for Exelixis

Transformative Period

Pros

Company has a drug Cabozantinib in Phase III trials that could potentially be a blockbuster.
    People are very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

This has been a transformative period for the company with massive layoffs, especially in Research. This has lead to low morale.
    Could be further layoffs in the future, depending on company priorities.

Continue to recognize the existing employees using the excellence awards to improve employee morale.

Exelixis had high-quality scientists but over time the business plan failed.

Pros

High quality scientific peers, potential for success in clinic, good benefits.

Cons

Lack of commitment to employees, grew too much and had to undergo many layoffs.

There are newer employer reviews for Exelixis.

Worked for Exelixis? Contribute to the Community!