Exelixis

There are newer employer reviews for Exelixis

Love this company

Former Employee - Associate Research Scientist I in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Associate Research Scientist I in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Exelixis full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place for personal development. Company culture was fantastic. Many opportunities to grow and expand.

Cons

New management is only concerned with their ego, not employee welfare. Company is struggling to maintain any morale. People are seen as head count, not personally.

People don't care about how much you know, until they know about how much you care. Please make a conscious effort to show caring, not just bottom lines.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Exelixis (View Most Recent)

People are seemingly hired and laid off as part of an overall strategy rather than cross-training.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Exelixis

Pros

Great use of automation and for a time, a wonderful depth of genetics knowledge throughout the company.

Cons

Once assays were set up by hand, many managers were reluctant to automate anything, despite high repetitive stress injuries.

Focus on the long-term development of the people, and their loyalty will give you the FDA approval you crave faster than any "focus on execution" or other popular phrases I've heard.

Only incompetent people are left!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Exelixis

Pros

You can get away with extreme incompetence and not being unprodutive. Work hours are mostly flexible. If you don't want to do anything, try to get a job at Exelixis.

Cons

If you are somewhat productive, you will be stuck with all the workload while other people may be just sitting around and taking long lunches.

Please try to recognise the competent / productive employees, not the loyal ones.

There are newer employer reviews for Exelixis