There are newer employer reviews for Exelon

Good opportunities, long term stability, excellent co-workers

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

Active in the community, cares about employees, fair compensation, good benifits.

Cons

24 x 7 time commitment, real time response to emergencies. You can't just walk away at the end of the day.

123 Other Employee Reviews for Exelon (View Most Recent)

Lots of politics and busy work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennett Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

The company is accommodating and hours are generally easy. You are provided with tools and resources.

The company makes strong efforts to follow "best practices".

Cons

There is a lack of actual work to be done and a too much time is spent creating budgets, evaluating performance to budget, etc. Not enough time is spent trying to make money.

Politics dominate and voicing a dissenting opinion is looked upon poorly.

People manage up and your contact with your boss will be limited.

Focus more on doing actual work and making money. Don't worry so much about Wall Street and the stock price. If you create a renewed focus on creating new revenue, the stock price will follow.

Started out great but went downhill.

Former Employee - IT Lead Analyst  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - IT Lead Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Exelon

Pros

They had good benefits and generous training allowances. On site gyms are a nice perk. Some managers permitted working from home and flexible hours.

Cons

I only had one professional manager in the 15+ years I was there and he was moved to a non-management position. I didn't receive my 15% bonus one year because I "missed meetings", although no one could tell me what meetings I missed! HR felt that was OK. That was the same year my stepson was dying from cancer, my stepdaughter was getting married, and I wasn't permitted to take any vacation time. Fortunately that manager left. When I retired, I was the only one that showed up for my exit interview, although it had been requested by HR.

Exelon leadership needs to come out of their ivory tower and get in touch with the people who are actually doing the work..

There are newer employer reviews for Exelon

Worked for Exelon? Contribute to the Community!