Exelon

www.exeloncorp.com

Engineer employed in PECO division of Exelon

Engineer II (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGenerous salary when compared to other utiliy-based companies for the same position, good benefits, 401(K) and pension, and annual incentive bonus (based on company performance).

ConsPECO division was downsized greatly ~ 20 years ago, so that the few that are still employed are over-worked, especially during storms. The lines that once defined your job "roles and responsibilities" are easily blurred given the right "business need" at the time. Knowledge level of company as a whole is lacking, and expected to get worse as those with 25, 30,40+ yrs. experience either move on or retire with the majority of the younger engineers having <5 yrs. of experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that your employess are just that, the employees, and do not live and breath PECO/Exelon. Workload should be monitored and kept at a resonable level to maintain efficiency and over-exhaustion of your employees.

Refrain from speaking to your employees as if it should be automatic that you do "xyz" for "the company", even though it may not be in your initial job scope/responsibilities. Lastly, speak to your employees with respect, and not as if they are your children. This last issue may be more localized to my personal experience, but nonetheless, should be addressed.

Exelon Response

Jun 17, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for your feedback! We greatly value the opinions of all of our employees – present and past. We will be sure your feedback reaches the appropriate individuals at Exelon so we can help make ... More

There are newer reviews on Exelon.

Worked for Exelon? Contribute to the Community!