Engineer employed in PECO division of Exelon

Current Employee - Engineer II  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Engineer II in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Exelon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Generous salary when compared to other utiliy-based companies for the same position, good benefits, 401(K) and pension, and annual incentive bonus (based on company performance).

Cons

PECO division was downsized greatly ~ 20 years ago, so that the few that are still employed are over-worked, especially during storms. The lines that once defined your job "roles and responsibilities" are easily blurred given the right "business need" at the time. Knowledge level of company as a whole is lacking, and expected to get worse as those with 25, 30,40+ yrs. experience either move on or retire with the majority of the younger engineers having <5 yrs. of experience.

Understand that your employess are just that, the employees, and do not live and breath PECO/Exelon. Workload should be monitored and kept at a resonable level to maintain efficiency and over-exhaustion of your employees.

Refrain from speaking to your employees as if it should be automatic that you do "xyz" for "the company", even though it may not be in your initial job scope/responsibilities. Lastly, speak to your employees with respect, and not as if they are your children. This last issue may be more localized to my personal experience, but nonetheless, should be addressed.

Jun 17, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for your feedback! We greatly value the opinions of all of our employees – present and past. We will be sure your feedback reaches the appropriate individuals at Exelon so we can help make ... More

Other Reviews for Exelon

Good place to work, if you can stand the politics

Current Employee - Lead Analyst IT  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst IT in Houston, TX

I have been working at Exelon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing benefits, good salaries, some opportunities for advancement, diverse and interesting company with many locations, if you end up in a good department it can be one of the best jobs you'll ever have

Cons

Far too political with a lot of backstabbing and maneuvering in certain departments, a sclerotic and slow-moving bureaucracy that takes ages to make any real change (post-merger we are just now modernizing IT systems to Windows 7, which is itself already 6 years old)

Shareholders aren't making you money, employees are. Senior leadership doesn't acknowledge this in deeds as much as in words, although lower level managers do.

Jun 17, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review! We value the opinions of all of our employees – present and past. If you would like to provide any additional detail around your ... More

Innovative, Driven Company led by Quality Leadership and Talented Staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Exelon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

After the merger of Exelon and Constellation, the united company continues to build upon its success by employing top-notch, talented leaders and staff. The company has an empowering workforce and an atmosphere that fosters innovation, creativity and results-driven. Best company by far, pre- and after merger!

Cons

I have no cons at all

Keep up the good work!

Aug 8, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post this review! We really appreciate your kind words and feedback. Thank YOU for all of your hard work!

There are newer employer reviews for Exelon.

Worked for Exelon? Contribute to the Community!