Exempla Healthcare

www.exempla.org
There are newer employer reviews for Exempla Healthcare

The best suburban hospital to work in or be a patient in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

I have been working at Exempla Healthcare

Pros

The entire hospital is patient focused. They emphasize a wholistic approach to nursing care. The hospital is a state of the art new facility. They practice evidenced based medical practice. Administration is not an unknown entity: they are visable and "walk the walk" not just dictate from an armchair.

Cons

There is no workout facility on campus. Vacation and sick time are only earned up to 40 hours per week rather than total number of hours worked which could easily add up to a greater number.

Continue to perform as you do. We appreciate that you are visible, show appreciation and care for your employees and are not afraid to get you hands dirty along side of us.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Exempla Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Changes needed in management.

Former Employee - Clinical Informatics in Wheat Ridge, CO
    Former Employee - Clinical Informatics in Wheat Ridge, CO

I worked at Exempla Healthcare

Pros

The nurses are great to work with as well as many of the physicians. People are generally friendly and positive. The facility looks great after the new remodel. Decent cafeteria, ample parking and generally good use of new technologies.

Cons

Our managers purposely kept our department away from IT analysts rather than allowing a free flow of ideas and knowledge between us that would have benefited our end users. Leadership, professionalism at staff meetings, valuing team members, their opinions and their efforts was unfortunately lacking. Communication was non existent or incorrect many times creating more work in the end.

Hire managers who truly embody professional ethics, facilitate a collaborative work environment, implement change management strategies consistently, who seek professional accreditation/certifications throughout their careers, and encourage professional growth in others. Allocate monies for Epic certification. Monitor managers for effectiveness, impact on department morale and employee retention. Be willing to make changes if necessary.

Lots to do on this job - a good and bad thing

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Exempla Healthcare

Pros

Diversity of project opportunities, never bored, great co-workers, caring employees

Cons

Slow promotion schedule, little opportunity for professional development, too much work load for one person, management ignored red flags from employees

Let employees on the Marketing and Communications team be more involved in their work load management, allow them to say no if it is appropriate.

There are newer employer reviews for Exempla Healthcare