Expedia
www.expedia.com Bellevue, WA 5000+ Employees

Unsupportive, aggressive, volatile, political and bureaucratic.

Director (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

ProsSome great people.
Opportunities to travel.

ConsA fantastic brand to have on your CV, but that's where it ends.

If you are driven by results, don't expect to change or deliver anything here. Unless the CEO thinks its a good idea it will never happen, one of the major reasons that the companies market share and revenues in Europe are in such rapid decline. Because nobody dares question his 'leadership' the culture is one of blame and suspicion, with senior management constantly looking for  someone to point the finger at.

Expedia is a great stepping stone, but don't be fooled into thinking this will be a long term career move. Its a volatile, high pressure environment with extremely high staff turnover, the resultant is constant course correct and a new 'strategy' every few months. Expect to see a re-structure and senior leadership change every six months or so.

The company invests little to nothing in staff development, and the general attitude towards staff is unsupportive and aggressive. Overall the business is incredibly political and bureaucratic. Leadership are all desperately trying to protect their own small corners of the empire and deflect the CEO's gaze onto someone else, so expect little support. Senior management will happily throw you under a bus if it takes the spot light off them for just a moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO: stop micro managing the entire organisation and let people get on with what they know how to do. Invest in your employees and foster an environment of mutual support and trust. Stop running the business into the floor.

Good Business ina growing environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Expedia

Pros: - Good Management - Solidly financed Cons: - Tough competition - Some turmoil in leadership of main businesses Advice to Senior Management: Drive a the strategy down to the rank and file Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Expedia In India

Associate Manager (Current Employee)
    New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Expedia full-time for more than a year

Pros: Opening a New Development Centre In India Cons: As of now I dnt see any cons Advice to Senior Management: Nothin Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Expedia.

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Expedia CEO Dara Khosrowshahi. All reviews posted anonymously by Expedia employees.