It's a good, fast-moving technology company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Expedia is a good place to work. There are lots of bright people working hard to bring the best travel experience possible to our customers.

Cons

Expedia is going through some growing pains; things that worked as a startup need to be refactored when you get big.

Other Reviews for Expedia

No room for being unhappy.

I have been working at Expedia

Pros

After working for two fortune 500 companies this is easily the best company that I have worked for. Benefits are amazing and huge work life balance. Average starting for an hourly person is between 14-16 an hour. Most of the people in management has started on the bottom and moved up quickly after some development and coaching. More tools in your tool box then you will ever need. Plenty of chances to travel and take ownership of your work. I started in management and love every bit of what I am doing. I control my own hours and I come to work in jeans, T-shirt, vibram five fingers and gauged ears. Love it

Cons

Needs more cooperation between departments. Some departments are lazy while most pick up their slack. Also a lot of complaints about having to actually do work.

Let become a top ten place to work by staying ahead of the curve on tech,processes and perks.

Solid employer, but you need to advocate for your own career growth

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are nice, and work/life balance is much nicer compared to other regional tech companies

Cons

Perpetual re-orgs and politics can make upward mobility tough. You can spend months winning favor with a director or VP and then *poof* they are gone and it's like no one knows you or your work.

Stop being afraid. Operationally we are REACTING. There are numerous ecommerce companies with far bigger footprints that move more nimbly. Look at netflix, amazon, google. If they aren't afraid of the technical risks, why should we be?

There are newer employer reviews for Expedia.

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!