There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

A good school

Former Employee - Development Lead in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Development Lead in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia

Pros

You can expect to learn good processes in a structured environment.
Employee benefits are very competitive

Cons

It's not always easy to get something done in such a big organization, you have to be ready to navigate trough the company different horizontal and vertical structural layers.

Keep it simple !
It would be more useful to cut in the management structure rather than cutting functionalities. In the past two years, all management accomplishments are related to budget cuts.

The structure is so complex that even upper management takes important decisions without talking to the right persons.

862 Other Employee Reviews for Expedia (View Most Recent)

Smart people with stamina to weather the downturn

Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia

Pros

Amazingly smart people with a passion for travel working to create a fantastic customer experience. A continuing zeal to solve hard problems and do the right thing.

Cons

Lack of experience dealing with the tough times is causing management to stumble when dealing with downsizing, reorgs, and general morale issues.

Pick a strategy and stick with it. Change the tactics but try not to keep jumping from one strategy to another. The constant re-planning in ETG is causing morale problems, wasted effort (i.e. costs), and lack of output. Think about small and frequent improvements and don't wait for the perfect solution. Stick with it and you will make it through this year.

Do what you love and good things will follow

I have been working at Expedia

Pros

I really enjoy working for Expedia. I feel the leadership is fair, clear and helpful. We are navigating through difficult times and there is no guidebook on how to handle staff reductions and major changes to work environements. All things considered I am pleased with the way change is managed.

Cons

There is very little work life balance. You are really working and needing to be accountable 24-7. Good news is most of us love what we do so that is not a problem. Expedia tends to have highly capable type A personalities so there is a lot of competition but enough interesting work to go around.

Continue to listen to your teams. Over communicated. Be accessible.

There are newer employer reviews for Expedia