Expedia

www.expedia.com

Not perfect, but ultimately worth it

Manager (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsExpedia is full of passionate people who have progressive ideas. I love that my company cares about corporate stewardship and promotes environmentally sustainable travel. Despite some setbacks, we tend to be good about course correcting after mistakes or lulls in creativity. I think we are getting more interesting and creative with time instead of stagnating like many mature companies do.

ConsMany teams are very understaffed (including my own). There can be many unreasonable expectations for deliverables given available resources and other commitments and this can get in the way of work-life balance. I see a lot of this in the areas of IT and development, which are the backbone of our company. We also often underpay compared to our local market and this can make staffing and retention difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementFacilitate more collaboration and innovation, particularly across teams. Support user-experience innovations. Get with web 2.0 and better cross-browser support and don't forget the younger generation (without abandoning our current user base...just look toward the future). Don't skimp on resources or benefits; our people are the best asset we have and we have a lot of competition right next door.

Not a bad gig

Account Manager (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia

Pros: The people are great. Everyone is treated with respect and dignity. I have a strong sense… Cons: Not sure of the long-term strategic vision. We tend to focus too much on the short-term issues, rather than looking into the… Advice to Senior Management: We need to focus more on the customer. Get back… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Change is good but too much change impacts!

Project Management Director (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia

Pros: Flexible working schedule with the ability to work remotely. With my laptop and conference bridge line I can be anywhere while working. I also love… Cons: Management is chaotic at times and lack communication and coordination. Senior leaders have conflicting agendas and priorities which make it difficult for the operational teams… Advice to Senior Management: Reorganizing staff is not always the answer to a problem - perhaps taking a look at mid/upper level management's performance is where the change needs… More
There are newer reviews on Expedia.

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!