Expedia

There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

Good experience

Former Employee - Summer Intern in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Summer Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Expedia as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Successful company, friendly colleagues, decent perks. Travel is a fun industry and office is located in San Francisco

Cons

Large company, not very innovative anymore

How do you recreate the culture of a startup when you have 15,000 employees?

920 Other Employee Reviews for Expedia (View Most Recent)

A Bad Place to be. ESPECIALLY Talent Acquisitions

Current Employee - Senior Talent Advisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Advisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Location is nice. Good food nearby. Place is usually clean. Nice views.

Cons

Lack of career growth. As a Talent Advisor we purposely are told to bring people in way under market. Management is not trained well. No on-boarding at all. Manipulation between teams. Bad Sr Leadership. Over worked. Expected to work 55+ hour weeks. After 90 days I realized that this was not the right place for me and am now leaving. It is a very bad company all around. Look at Hotwire for example...there career sight is from 2007 pictures. Oh, and no RSU's are usually given at all for sign up. Last...6 people have left Talent Acquisitions in the past 2 months...this says a lot about a company.

Look at Sr Leaders that are being put into place. If you go through the TA org, you will notice that 6 people have left Expedia Inc from TA in the last few months. There are many reasons for that. You have 2 directors to 2 sr managers. Too many leaders while recruiters are required to work 60 hour days and have to basically get on anxiety medication as their leaders yell at them. There are better places and I started looking a while ago.

Expedia Response

Apr 28, 2014HR

Thanks for your comments and feedback.

As the leader of the Talent Acquisition organization, I view it as a personal responsibility to ensure our organization is a great place to work and that
    ... More

Fun company--little room for growth

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great laid back work atmosphere. Free sodas, lots of morale events, free beer, coffee, espresso, etc. Also the people who work here are fantastic. Benefits are also excellent and overall a really fun place to work. Great work life balance!

Cons

Extremely difficult to move up in the company. HR tends to favor external candidates over internal. Compensation is low for performance with a stellar annual review. Don't expect a promotion even after proving your value. Once you feel settled in your position and you're hungry for more, you might be up against a brick wall.

Allow your employees to have more ownership and productivity and bright ideas will flourish. Also, promote within or you may lose valuable talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Expedia