There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

Culture doesn't encourage teamwork or shared goals.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are good including the travel discount. Location in downtown Bellevue makes an easy commute and good restaurants nearby. Some very talented individuals there.

Cons

Management practices "kiss up but kick down". Management doesn't see frequent turnover as a problem, yet this causes a huge drain of knowledge from the organization. The culture encourages doing what benefits me, not what's best for the company.

862 Other Employee Reviews for Expedia (View Most Recent)

Work hard, play hard

I have been working at Expedia (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, flexible schedules, good work/life balance. Salary is adequate, but the travel perks make up for it.

Cons

For a "dot com" our systems are behind the times. Compensation is on the low end for similar positions in the market in which I work. Travel reimbursement benefit is nice, but you are taxed on reimbursement so you truly don't see the full yield.

Allow for positions not reliant on a business office to work from home, regardless of where they are in the country. Also, very few of the call center agents are based in the US. This is a prime opportunity to hire virtual agents to cover peak period of call volume.

Glad I worked there; glad I'm gone

Former Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Expedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are fantastic, from some vacation reimbursement to 401k matching to the health insurance and generous vacation days. Having this company on your resume is a big plus.

Cons

Divergent and often-changing priorities without explanation is a regular and frustrating occurrence. Expect to work long hours if you want to be noticed.

Buy priceline