Expedia

www.expedia.com
  www.expedia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

Fast paced, fun, challenging work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth in my role, interesting projects, can wfh when needed, good benefits. I love that our work impacts customers so quickly and directly!

Cons

Cubicle areas continue to get smaller with each passing year, and low budget for hardware, morale etc. Having stock award opportunities would also be nice.

Dara has commented that we want to spend all our dollars making our customers happy. However, if we continue to lose more personal space, the people who can leave will, as many other companies have better work accommodations. The amount of people on each floor is just ridiculous right now. Getting things from the kitchen, going to the bathroom, waiting for the elevator...there's just so many people around it's frustrating trying to get anything done at times. Many other things here make up for it, but everyone I know complains about these same issues.

928 Other Employee Reviews for Expedia (View Most Recent)

Fun and flexible

Current Employee - IT Leader in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - IT Leader in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is really a fun place to work and embraces a great work life balance. They actually pay you extra when you are booking vacation travel! Vacation policy and travel benefits are generous. Pay is average or slightly above. Flexibility for "working your way" is provided whether it be flexible work schedules or bringing your own device. I have made many close friendships here and it seems like the best people tend to stay which also keeps me here. Great location for the HQ in Bellevue WA tons of great places to gather and eat and Seattle is only 20 minutes across the lake. Best place I have ever worked.

Cons

I honestly look forward to coming in each day and I can't think of anything meaningful to note as a dissatisfaction. I really wish that we had a gym in the building but there are two that are within a block so it's tough for me to fault them for that. They put in a health clinic instead of a gym which is nice but I guess I would have preferred a gym. You also need to pay for parking in the building and it isn't cheap BUT they do offer free travel benefits to encourage employees to use public transportation which is nice.

It's a HUGE travel market out there and we are only a small portion of that opportunity so focus on growth and winning more business! Continue to deal with any misalignment swiftly and build out a functional leadership team that wishes to help the entire company win (and not just their PnL).

My Dream job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits! Reasonable expectations which results in good work-life balance. We work hard, but people respect that we also have families and interests outside of work. Smart people who want to be here and are committed to getting the job done.

Cons

Not necessarily committed to hiring within the company, which makes it hard to move between departments.

Create a clear way to grow your career.

There are newer employer reviews for Expedia