Expeditors

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors

Import Customer Service Agent

Former Employee - Import Customer Service Agent in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Import Customer Service Agent in Memphis, TN

I worked at Expeditors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They give employees plenty of training opportunities. The compensation for the work is fair.
It's great the provided bonuses around Christmas.

Cons

The company, or at least the office I worked in became more about efficiency/production than about it's most valuable resource, it's employees.

Stop making your employee's feel like they are under a microscope. When they ask for help listen; don't say you should be able to do it because someone else can or does.

269 Other Employee Reviews for Expeditors (View Most Recent)

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Expeditors

Pros

ability to learn entire industry through training and customer exposure, not just limited to desk level activities - also enjoy the "promote from within" concepts, and the company culture. I have learned a ton from the Customs Brokerage Manager. He has been a great mentor

Cons

extremely fast paced environment. I enjoy it, but it is not for everyone!

Keep doing what your doing. This is a well run organization.

You'd be surprised how far we'll go to overwork you

Former Employee - Agent - Export Operations in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Agent - Export Operations in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Expeditors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The stellar pro for Expeditors' employees is the no lay off policy and its health benefits. Those benefits should come in handy to the majority of the smokers.

Cons

Management. How many supervisors does one department need? Too many people just distributing work to others and not enough people doing actual work.
    Communication. Mixed messages, no communication from closed door meetings. Expectations change without you knowing it then get blamed for not knowing...
    Monthly branch meetings about the millions in revenue/profit yet desk level employees don't see a dime.
    There is a lack of is a lack of integrity and honesty despite it being part of the cultural values.

Value your employees -- Throw them a bone. Lots of people are very dissatisfied as shown from the anonymous survey recently. Clarify your performance review/raises and administer them consistently and timely. Is it performance or responsibility based?

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors