One of my worst experiences ever.

Former Employee - Customs Broker  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Customs Broker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Expeditors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being my first job out of college, it helped me avoid many of the career pitfalls that I might have experienced later...because I went through them first at Expeditors.

Cons

From a clinical point of view, it's a pretty efficient model: Take smart, motivated young people. Fill them with promises of career advancement so that they'll work extremely hard and long hours (often illegally off the clock), pay them well below industry standard and then promote the very few based on favoritism...unconnected with their actual abilities. Truly the worst work experience of my life.

The employees are the most important function of any service industry. When you treat them with the bare minimum of respect, pay the bare minimum wages, and then have a culture that expects to be thanked for it, you will only ever get middle tier employees which, unfortunately, may be all you need.

Other Reviews for Expeditors

Import Customer Service Agent

Former Employee - Import Customer Service Agent  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Import Customer Service Agent in Memphis, TN

I worked at Expeditors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They give employees plenty of training opportunities. The compensation for the work is fair.
    It's great the provided bonuses around Christmas.

Cons

The company, or at least the office I worked in became more about efficiency/production than about it's most valuable resource, it's employees.

Stop making your employee's feel like they are under a microscope. When they ask for help listen; don't say you should be able to do it because someone else can or does.

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Expeditors

Pros

ability to learn entire industry through training and customer exposure, not just limited to desk level activities - also enjoy the "promote from within" concepts, and the company culture. I have learned a ton from the Customs Brokerage Manager. He has been a great mentor

Cons

extremely fast paced environment. I enjoy it, but it is not for everyone!

Keep doing what your doing. This is a well run organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors.

Worked for Expeditors? Contribute to the Community!