Expeditors

www.expeditors.com

Don't get sucked in.

Customs Broker (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

Pros-You get to play dress up while doing nothing more then data entry.
-It's data entry nothing more or less so it doesn't take a ton of brain power

ConsIf you are a college grad looking for your way this is not the company for you. They will talk about the great programs they have to move you up but look around everyone that isn't a manager has heard the same thing.
The work is boring and really doesn't apply to any other company. What you learn there will stay there.
They talk about an incentive program, but then don't explain to you that you won't be a part of it until your in management, IE "our salaries will be a little lower then industry but we have a really nice bonus pool that you can get into."
They love to talk about culture, but in reality they put lipstick on a lot of pigs. Don't tell me a client needs to see me in a shirt and tie when I have someone next to me missing teeth and wearing leopard print shirts. My shirt and tie won't cover that up.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look around if you want people to be motivated, let them share in the rewards of their hard work.

Great Company

IS Support (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company cares about employee development Cons: Company is a little too conservative Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company for your first job

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Expeditors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefit, training, and mentorship. If you do well… Cons: very straight, tight up, and army type environment. A lot of unspoken rules. compensation is always… Advice to Senior Management: while keep advocating internal promotion, may be considering actually doing it.. Remote access and flexible… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Expeditors.

Worked for Expeditors? Contribute to the Community!