There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors

The perfect place for a cozy, effortless career.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Expeditors full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you love working in a stuffy, "professional" work environment, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Very strict professional dress code, which if you haven't worked in one before, the novelty fades very quickly.

The benefits are very good, that is the only thing I miss about the company. Your coworkers are generally very nice, humble and approachable people.

Cons

I quickly determined that there is very little career advancement here, I was hearing that from veteran employees too. Management is frugal with everything, be it expenses, perks, salary or vacation time...don't expect a lot of any. The pay was especially appalling - this isn't a startup, guys. The office is about as drab as you can get, they actually frown on personalizing your desk (example: having a picture of loved ones on your desk MUST be in a frame...really?)
The work wasn't interesting either, but that might be a personal opinion.

Understand why people leave your company, and see what you can do to improve it. Don't continue your policy of calling everyone who left "quitters" and keep doing the same thing.

After leaving, I have met a half dozen ex-Expeditors employees randomly and all of our experiences were the exact same. Sounds like a pattern, doesn't it?

258 Other Employee Reviews for Expeditors (View Most Recent)

Secure job

Current Employee - Customs Broker  in  SeaTac, WA
    Current Employee - Customs Broker in SeaTac, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company does not lay-off employees.

Cons

Family members of senior managers and executives are usually promoted.

Don't get sucked in.

Former Employee - Customs Broker  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customs Broker in Columbus, OH

I worked at Expeditors full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You get to play dress up while doing nothing more then data entry.
    -It's data entry nothing more or less so it doesn't take a ton of brain power

Cons

If you are a college grad looking for your way this is not the company for you. They will talk about the great programs they have to move you up but look around everyone that isn't a manager has heard the same thing.
    The work is boring and really doesn't apply to any other company. What you learn there will stay there.
    They talk about an incentive program, but then don't explain to you that you won't be a part of it until your in management, IE "our salaries will be a little lower then industry but we have a really nice bonus pool that you can get into."
    They love to talk about culture, but in reality they put lipstick on a lot of pigs. Don't tell me a client needs to see me in a shirt and tie when I have someone next to me missing teeth and wearing leopard print shirts. My shirt and tie won't cover that up.

Take a look around if you want people to be motivated, let them share in the rewards of their hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors

Worked for Expeditors? Contribute to the Community!