Expeditors

www.expeditors.com

The perfect place for a cozy, effortless career.

Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsIf you love working in a stuffy, "professional" work environment, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Very strict professional dress code, which if you haven't worked in one before, the novelty fades very quickly.

The benefits are very good, that is the only thing I miss about the company. Your coworkers are generally very nice, humble and approachable people.

ConsI quickly determined that there is very little career advancement here, I was hearing that from veteran employees too. Management is frugal with everything, be it expenses, perks, salary or vacation time...don't expect a lot of any. The pay was especially appalling - this isn't a startup, guys. The office is about as drab as you can get, they actually frown on personalizing your desk (example: having a picture of loved ones on your desk MUST be in a frame...really?)
The work wasn't interesting either, but that might be a personal opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand why people leave your company, and see what you can do to improve it. Don't continue your policy of calling everyone who left "quitters" and keep doing the same thing.

After leaving, I have met a half dozen ex-Expeditors employees randomly and all of our experiences were the exact same. Sounds like a pattern, doesn't it?

Secure job

Customs Broker (Current Employee) SeaTac, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Company does not lay-off employees. Cons: Family members of senior managers and executives are usually promoted. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't get sucked in.

Customs Broker (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

I worked at Expeditors full-time for more than a year

Pros: -You get to play dress up while doing nothing more then data entry. -It's data… Cons: If you are a college grad looking for your way this is not the company for you. They will talk about the great programs… Advice to Senior Management: Take a look around if you want people to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Expeditors.

Worked for Expeditors? Contribute to the Community!