Expeditors

www.expeditors.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors

Good job, less than average pay.

Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company values it's employees very much. They spend a lot of time training and helping you develop your skills. Professional atmosphere but also respect a sense of humor. Feels like a family. Job security is pretty good. Expeditors prides itself on not laying off employees just because times are tough.

Cons

Pay is below average from what I've seen. And you need to fight hard to get a raise.

Research a bit more on what your employees are worth. You'll avoid people leaving and retain more experienced people.

292 Other Employee Reviews for Expeditors (View Most Recent)

Secure job

Current Employee - Customs Broker in SeaTac, WA
    Current Employee - Customs Broker in SeaTac, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company does not lay-off employees.

Cons

Family members of senior managers and executives are usually promoted.

Don't get sucked in.

Former Employee - Customs Broker in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customs Broker in Columbus, OH

I worked at Expeditors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-You get to play dress up while doing nothing more then data entry.
    -It's data entry nothing more or less so it doesn't take a ton of brain power

Cons

If you are a college grad looking for your way this is not the company for you. They will talk about the great programs they have to move you up but look around everyone that isn't a manager has heard the same thing.
    The work is boring and really doesn't apply to any other company. What you learn there will stay there.
    They talk about an incentive program, but then don't explain to you that you won't be a part of it until your in management, IE "our salaries will be a little lower then industry but we have a really nice bonus pool that you can get into."
    They love to talk about culture, but in reality they put lipstick on a lot of pigs. Don't tell me a client needs to see me in a shirt and tie when I have someone next to me missing teeth and wearing leopard print shirts. My shirt and tie won't cover that up.

Take a look around if you want people to be motivated, let them share in the rewards of their hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors