Expeditors

www.expeditors.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors

working here won't get you far in your career.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has been in business for a long time and it's stable because they are located worldwide.

Cons

no upward movement, no flexibility in scheduling, not interested in making things more efficient unless it's managements idea, no open door policy,

you might actually start doing the things you say are important like upgrading systems and promoting your employees, unless they are family, they get to the top quick with little effort.

294 Other Employee Reviews for Expeditors (View Most Recent)

The perfect place for a cozy, effortless career.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Expeditors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you love working in a stuffy, "professional" work environment, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Very strict professional dress code, which if you haven't worked in one before, the novelty fades very quickly.

The benefits are very good, that is the only thing I miss about the company. Your coworkers are generally very nice, humble and approachable people.

Cons

I quickly determined that there is very little career advancement here, I was hearing that from veteran employees too. Management is frugal with everything, be it expenses, perks, salary or vacation time...don't expect a lot of any. The pay was especially appalling - this isn't a startup, guys. The office is about as drab as you can get, they actually frown on personalizing your desk (example: having a picture of loved ones on your desk MUST be in a frame...really?)
    The work wasn't interesting either, but that might be a personal opinion.

Understand why people leave your company, and see what you can do to improve it. Don't continue your policy of calling everyone who left "quitters" and keep doing the same thing.

After leaving, I have met a half dozen ex-Expeditors employees randomly and all of our experiences were the exact same. Sounds like a pattern, doesn't it?

Good job, less than average pay.

Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company values it's employees very much. They spend a lot of time training and helping you develop your skills. Professional atmosphere but also respect a sense of humor. Feels like a family. Job security is pretty good. Expeditors prides itself on not laying off employees just because times are tough.

Cons

Pay is below average from what I've seen. And you need to fight hard to get a raise.

Research a bit more on what your employees are worth. You'll avoid people leaving and retain more experienced people.

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors