There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors

Great Company, if the shoe fits.

Current Employee - Supervisor
Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No-lay off policy. Great benefits. Merit based promotions. No company debt. Knowledge & experience opportunities - international logistics, customer service, accounting, all around business exposure. Most employees that have worked for Expeditors for 3 years tend to stay.

Cons

Stressful work environment with high expectations for operations personnel. Systems development is slow and can be frustrating. If you can "do your time", sacrifice & endure the long hours, it could pay off but I have seen multiple good employees burn out before that point.

Help employees before they burn out. Vacation coverage could use improvement so employees don't have to work twice as long when they get back to catch up.
Great job on the employee benefits and stability. No debt, cash in the bank - is extremely admirable and a great example to other companies & government institutions.

reviews filtered by

Everything seems good at first.

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, having a job.

Cons

Low pay, commute into downtown, management is a joke (sometimes you aren't even sure who you are reporting to), little recognition, little employee appreciation.

CEO is known to say "employees are our biggest asset", but they sure don't back that up very well. It is nice to have benefits, but this is definitely reflected in your lower-than-average salary. This company is stuck in the past and acts like its a good thing. If it wasn't illegal, you would expect to see managers with their feet up on their desks smoking a cigarette. Business professional for an entire CHQ population that never sees a customer. No advancement opportunities. High turnover. The only employees with a long tenure are complacent complainers, who don't want to make an effort to go anywhere else, or upper management and executives who tell glorified stories of "in the beginning." Hey guys, its not 1980 anymore.

Hard to advance, limited salary potential

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Expeditors has great benefits, including full insurance coverage with no premium for you and your family, and a bus pass (if you work at headquarters), and an employee stock purchase plan. They do a great job of sticking to the 40 hour work week if you're at corporate. If you're at the branch though, I've heard some horror stories. We really do whatever it takes to get the freight moving.

Cons

Vacation time is VERY limited (two weeks for all employees until you reach three years), low salaries unless you're an executive, nepotism, and what feels like a deck stacked against you in terms of advancement. In addition, we've been on a hiring freeze for the past three years because as the CEO says "the economy is in a rough spot", while Amazon, Boeing and every other business in Seattle hires our developers away like crazy. Super strict dress code, little camaraderie among coworkers, drab office environment- it's not a fun place to work.

Get with the times- you're losing your young employees left and right due to lack of innovation and a pay scale that isn't competitive at all. Let us go to conferences, network and co-work, maybe work from home, or do something that other tech companies do and maybe we can remain competitive?

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors