Expeditors

www.expeditors.com
  www.expeditors.com
There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors

Expeditors - 1 year done - lifetime to go?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors

Pros

I've been here over a year now and love the environment.

Feel as if I work with extremely competent individuals that are always willing to lend a hand or answer a question.

Cons

Very tight work hours - not as flexible as other places

Professional Dress (personally I believe this is a great ethic to carry in the work place)

Although the moratorium is in place...use this time to revamp our systems and once again make us the most competitive in the industry

269 Other Employee Reviews for Expeditors (View Most Recent)

Not too bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Expeditors

Pros

You don't have anyone constantly looking over your shoulder and have freedom to work without pressure, as long as you can get your work done and done well.

Cons

Benefits package was reduced significantly to just adequate from far superior insurance plans. I understand this was done while economy was at its worst, however I don't suspect they'll bring things back when the economy/revenue improves.

Patience and understanding. There are some managers who are able to listen and work collaboratively, however some have no patience and can be rather condescending.

Very stable company with a weird IS structure.

Current Employee - Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors

Pros

8-5, Good Benefits, good location. Nice people for the most part. IS seems to be ready to buy instead of build some things finally.

Cons

The structure of IS is somewhat of a mess. No real vision for the future. Not much upward mobility for non-management types. No eating at your desk, strict dress code.

Restructure IS. Don't build everything yourself. The amount of mid-level managers in meetings is sometimes overwhelming, change that. This a good company deep-down with some growing pains.

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors