If you want to grow, be promoted and recognized by your talent, don't work here.

Current Employee - Developer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors

Pros

Stability
Slow pace
Lots of time to start personal projects
Located in downtown
Some good benefits
Upper management is great

Cons

Middle management is the worst I have seen, they all fear for their jobs and want to feel good by doing the work their way and cutting their people's ideas off. They just want to impress their managers.
Too many passive-aggressive people.
Too much talking and little action.
Directors are the same as nothing, they are in a stable position and it is not convenient for them to improve anything.
The round-table discussions are pathetic.
Military culture, the ones who express their opinions are doomed
Business throws the ball to IS court, and IS does the same to business, no ownership, nobody looks for solutions, nobody embraces a project, they just want to cover their asses by blaming someone else. Of course nobody embraces a project, there is no recognition by results, but by favoritism and seniority.
Lack of communication among departments and among people in the same department.
People don't come first, if you get in, you are just one more.

Listen to your people, manage your people, care more about your people. You are a manager, you are supposed to manage people!

Other Reviews for Expeditors

Expeditors - 1 year done - lifetime to go?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors

Pros

I've been here over a year now and love the environment.

Feel as if I work with extremely competent individuals that are always willing to lend a hand or answer a question.

Cons

Very tight work hours - not as flexible as other places

Professional Dress (personally I believe this is a great ethic to carry in the work place)

Although the moratorium is in place...use this time to revamp our systems and once again make us the most competitive in the industry

Not too bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Expeditors

Pros

You don't have anyone constantly looking over your shoulder and have freedom to work without pressure, as long as you can get your work done and done well.

Cons

Benefits package was reduced significantly to just adequate from far superior insurance plans. I understand this was done while economy was at its worst, however I don't suspect they'll bring things back when the economy/revenue improves.

Patience and understanding. There are some managers who are able to listen and work collaboratively, however some have no patience and can be rather condescending.

There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors.

Worked for Expeditors? Contribute to the Community!