There are newer employer reviews for Experian Americas

No Respect for Employees - Horrible workplace

Current Employee - Director  in  League City, TX
Current Employee - Director in League City, TX

I have been working at Experian Americas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

decent 401k, work from home

Cons

A lot of hostility within the Specialized Sales Channel. No respect for women who want to start families. Good old boy atmosphere. Experian thrives on creating a back stabbing culture. I gained weight due to pregnancy and have received hostile comments from managers. Unless you are great at sucking up you are living on borrowed time. I have worked for a competitor of Experian and wish I could go back there.

Stop the phony job satisfaction surveys. You manipulate the answers so what good does it do? Get rid of the useless Bank of America refugees that you call Executive Management. WE ARE NOT A BANK!

111 Other Employee Reviews for Experian Americas (View Most Recent)

Thought it was improving, but it's reverting back to good ol boys club

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager

I have been working at Experian Americas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros – - Great benefits (100% matching 401k, medical, dental, vision)
    - Nice offices
    - Heart of Experian (philanthropic arm); although it's really just for good company PR
    - Health Matters, incl health insurance discounts

Cons

- Leadership is good old boys club, as other reviewers have said
    - They say they support a work/life balance, but it's sometimes met with animosity, even if you're a great employee whose had great reviews
    - Internal opportunities aplenty, but things get politically challenging if you pursue something outside your dept, and the transition is lengthy and painful
    - Not enough budget or head count to stay ahead of the competition; goals increase, but budget stays status quo
    - Silo'd mentally of business units: they have separate P&L's which makes it difficult to to work across teams and makes us appear disjointed to our clients. Overall structure is very confusing to vendors and clients.
    - Some depts more concerned about perception of their people than quality of work
    - Many people don’t return calls or emails—some of whom are in upper management. How do these people still have jobs?
    - It's a global company with people based from their homes and various Experian offices nationwide. However, if you want to get promoted, you're suddenly required to be based in Costa Mesa, Ca. Great talent being passed over due to geography.
    - Promoting those who don’t deserve it (i.e., they have no degree), while overlooking the more qualified, hard-working staff, just because they aren’t brown nosers
    - Off-shoring of IT support to Chile and Costa Rica: slow to help you—you’re on the phone for at least an hour only to discover they can't resolve the problem; things sometimes get lost in translation due to language barriers; what a waste of my time just to save the company a few bucks

- Walk around to mingle with your staff, rather than only during quarterly All Hands meetings; I miss the days when the dept head actually 'cared'
    - Base promotions on true talent, loyalty, skills, experience and education rather than whether or not they look good, are in Costa Mesa, and kiss your behind
    - Don't burn out your employees

Experian - A Disappointment

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Experian Americas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours and work-from-home policy.

Cons

Little job satisfaction. No training on poorly documented internal software. Constant threat of being laid off. Overly competitive environment resulting in minimal sharing of information between team members. Frequent use of large email distribution groups to disparage team members for even the slightest mistakes. The longer you work there and the more valuable you become to the company, the more tolerant management is of the above-referenced behaviors. My best advice to anyone considering a software developer position at Experian: Keep looking.

Do not just dismiss any kind of constructive criticism because it is coming from an employee who is not in a managerial role. Try showing some respect and compassion to those who have made a lot of sacrifices for the company and are being let go for cheaper alternatives.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian Americas

Worked for Experian Americas? Contribute to the Community!