Experian Americas
jobs.experian.com Costa Mesa, CA 5000+ Employees

Great people, not-so-great company: Experian Consumer Services

Senior Web Developer (Former Employee)
Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian Americas full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are a lot of great people working there. A lot of people are very driven to do their jobs well, and they really care about the company. It's great to work with people like that.

Cons- Pay is all over the place. Some people are paid way too much, others way too little.
- Senior leadership has no clear vision/strategy. Projects will be greenlit with little to no research and end up getting scrapped after conversions tank.
- Unable to retain talent. Attrition is extremely high, and all the best people leave behind mediocre talent that can barely to their jobs.
- Bad work/life balance. Employees are pushed to work insane amounts of overtime to hit unrealistic deadlines set by oblivious upper management.
- Senior leadership only cares about the present, not the future. Antiquated technology makes day to day maintenance a huge headache, but senior leadership is not willing to invest time and money to fix the problem because it will not result in immediate $$$.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. Stop hiring cheap, mediocre talent. Pay the great employees enough so that they don't leave. Think about updating the tech used so that it will actually work in the far future.

This company is top heavy, with little leadership.

Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian Americas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Decent salary & bonuses if you can survive the layoffs… Cons: Horrible work environment, quarterly layoffs to achieve financial "goals". Red tape abounds, unhappy people all through… Advice to Senior Management: Stop traveling all over the country with your "world tour" telling employees to keep costs down. Start… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay away from this place

Software Development Manager (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Experian Americas full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good place to retire, very competitive pay and great benefits. Cons: Management hiding behind "processes" to kill productivity. Since they are essentially have a monopoly (yes I know there… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up and realize if you don't forward and change… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Experian Americas.

Worked for Experian Americas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian Americas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian Americas CEO Don Robert. All reviews posted anonymously by Experian Americas employees.