average place to work

Former Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian Americas

Pros

low pressure - not very demanding
average hours - 16 hour days
nice people - made many good friends - we still keep in touch

Cons

a bit political - but you can play the game and get by
old school - must be at office, not open to time saving ideas like telecommute/flex
fired some great middle mgmt

Advice to Management

must be very challenging times in this industry - good luck
i don't know what their plans are - but must continue to branch out beyond having banks as customers

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Experian Used To Be A Great Place to Work.......back when!

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist (Formerly A VP) in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist (Formerly A VP) in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian Americas

Pros

Company car, good benefits, Corporate American Express Card, Stock Options, 401K that is not matched any longer, laptop, cell phone - all company paid.

Cons

Very political, advancements are all about who you know versus employee qualifications. I was demoted and replaced with someone from the competition who I have to train. My replacement does not have the skills and knowledge that I have. So much for being a multiple Experian Elite winner!

Advice to Management

Senior management does not listen to their internal or external customers. Employees are viewed as commodities and not assets. My manager demoted me because I knew more about the specialized sales channel than he did.........what's wrong with this picture?

2. 40 Years of Job Performance and Can't Get Promoted!

Current Employee - Channel Executive in Benbrook, TX
    Current Employee - Channel Executive in Benbrook, TX

I have been working at Experian Americas

Pros

Virtual office in the Benbrook area allows for me to go do shopping at Costco and Sam's while I do my job. Company car is provided, although I don't need it because I only have one customer in my driving area. Good benefits but I can not seem to get promoted.

Cons

Too management heavy, political organization. Experian hires new employees that do not have the background for the required job. My new boss came from the competition and does not have a clue as to what our group does, the type of data that can be delivered to clients. I should have had that position.

Advice to Management

Allow the reseller group to have visibility to all of Experian's products and services. The reseller group is expected to bring in the majority of revenue for Experian Americas and we are limited on what can be sold. Then we have our famous compliance group that acts like the competition - always coming up with ways on why we can't make our numbers. That is one of the reasons clients like my Truelink are not on target.