Experian Data Quality US

www.qas.com

Experian QAS is a dynamic company with major opportunity for motivated employees.

Current Employee - Marketing Director  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Director in Boston, MA

Pros

Some reviews mention that this is a place to "start your career" - for me, it's where I've had the opportunity to accelerate the career I knew I wanted.

Experian QAS is a company that has high expectations of employees and looks to hire bright, motivated individuals willing to put the work in to advance their career. At every turning point over the past 4 years, I've been rewarded for my hard work with the next opportunity, including more responsibility, more strategic projects and immense exposure to how a business is run.

The culture is something I really enjoy - the core values are real and important to the senior management team. People are friendly, and like having fun. You can be as involved as you want in this - for some people, QAS is their social circle; others only attend a couple of events a year. There are lots of ways to get involved at all levels - through committees, community service activities, or casual get togethers.

When I started 4 years ago, it was a pretty formal, rigid place to work. However, over the past 18 months, we've made major changes, like switching to casual dress code and creating more flexible hours and work from home arrangements. Personally, this makes me feel like the senior management team really listens to employees, and will make the necessary changes to respond to employee needs.

Cons

This can be an intense place to work - expectations are high, and we often try to do many things at once. For me, those aspects keep me engaged and challenged, but it can be overwhelming for people who prefer a slower pace.

Things change often - frequently without a lot of preparation and/or communication.

Take the time to articulate the strategic vision to get employees on board early on. And make sure to highlight their role in the current and future strategy and how their work impacts the overall results the company is looking to achieve.

Other reviews for Experian Data Quality US

Fantastic place to start and grow your career

Current Employee - Director of Client Retention  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Client Retention in Boston, MA

Pros

1. Unlimited opportunity if you are willing to put in the work - Other reviews have stated this but it can't be emphasized enough. The company demands a lot from employees in order to meet its growth objectives. The benefit to those who contribute and succeed is personal growth in the form of as much responsibility as you want/can handle.
    2. Ability to make a real impact - This includes both areas within an employee's immediate role and across the business. Whether it is coming up with a better way of doing things or being a member of one of the various employee committees (Social Responsibility, Pulse Employee feedback) all employees have the chance to make an impact.
    3. Culture - This company knows how to have fun - employees can take as much or as little advantage of the social aspects as they like.
    Overall - This is a rewarding place to work but it is not always comfortable - there is often change and uncertainty from being a growing company.

Cons

Due to the fast pace the company frequently tries to do too many things at once – this can cloud the company direction and confuse employees.

Put out more consistent communication from the top down where company vision/direction is concerned and be disciplined about sticking to a few key objectives.

Not a place to call home

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

8-5 job, lots of alcohol, simple straightforward work in any position, lots of partying. If you're good at all of these you can get relatively easily promoted.

Cons

Culture fosters: immaturity and lack of creativity/accountability, hostility among employees, lack of collaboration other than to win a sale, lack of ownership, high employee turnover and frustration, salary far below market.

It's time to evaluate whether the strong sales culture truly benefits the company long term. Time to evaluate whether it should really take years to build a stable team in every department. Maybe time to add responsibility to the sales culture as a company value.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian Data Quality US.

Worked for Experian Data Quality US? Contribute to the Community!