There are newer employer reviews for Experian Data Quality US

Young company, lots of parties, lots of drinking, lots of money, little experience

Former Employee - A Dude, Playing A Dude, Dressed As Another Dude in Boston, MA
Former Employee - A Dude, Playing A Dude, Dressed As Another Dude in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You like a free drink? You like having a job out of college? You like the occasional company-wide email from an unlocked computer? You like a good email flame war between 25 year old children who make more money than they should with little or no regard for appropriate company behavior? Then this is the place for you!

Cons

You like respect? You like the sense that the hours you put in doing honest, hard work, will be rewarded? You like the feeling that the managers actually care for you, and trust that you will do a great job? You like the sense that they upper management listens and cultivates their employees and considers them assets? You like knowing that those who are in positions of leadership are there because of merit and not because they have either not quit or they are a personal friend of someone above them? Then this is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Consider rewarding hard working, smart, upwardly mobile people from the ranks who actually know what they are doing and understand the business...instead of the current practice of just promoting those bodies that haven't burned out yet. Promotion because of survival is not the basis of good leadership at a company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A little Churn and Burn for employees but a fun young company

Current Employee - Acc
    Current Employee - Acc

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

fun young company who hires a lot of people without a lot of experience, great pay and benefits. Loved the people at this company and the perks like coffee and snacks and open bars ever months

Cons

If you are honest and follow the rules you will not be successful. Pretty cut throat, poor sales enablement structure, very difficult company to do business with which makes selling to other companies difficult. Product offering is extremely convoluted and flawed as well as the territory division.

Advice to Management

Work to make sure that all the departments are working together instead of against each other.

Great people, benefits and opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Commitment to the committed. If you are willing to put in the time and energy here, you can expect a lot in return. -Career development training. They do an excellent job at providing training opportunities for management and staff. -The people. For the most part, it's a close knit-group of people that work hard and play hard together - and they do it well. Also, most people are genuinely good people, which is pretty hard to find these days. -Professional Services and Customer Account Managers are top of their game. They manage well and have an obvious desire to want to make QAS great for customers and employees. Employees can learn a lot from them. -The benefits. You'll be hard pressed to find 3-4 weeks vacation and low-cost HMO plan out there. Having a family, this was a huge bonus for me. -It's fun. Between monthly celebrations awarding and recognizing success stories, to quarterly team outings, volunteering, annual christmas party and impromptu drinks after a long day - it's a fun place to work (I was pregnant most of my QAS tenure and still enjoyed after work gatherings with the team). The only reason I left QAS was that I had a terrible commute and also decided to work part-time closer to home due to expecting my second child. Otherwise, I would not have left.

Cons

-Strict start time. The 8:00 sharp start time was a struggle for me and others. While I can appreciate the need for everyone to arrive on time, I believed the strict start time was a bit much (particularly as it was expected for most to work past 5 and most commuted on the T - which isn't always dependable). -Product Training. Product-level explanations could be better (particularly for those without software/hardware experience - like me).

Advice to Management

Beef up the training program a bit. Try to ignore the tardiness of folks arriving between 8:00-8:10 (particularly for top performers).