There are newer employer reviews for Experian Marketing Services

Really bad leadership and culture, if I didn't love digital marketing I would've been miserable

Former Employee - Client Implementation Lead  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have to speak with bias here...

I loved everyday of my work because I actually loved email marketing and loved the brands that I worked with. To implement things for my clients I got to push the limits of their crappy antiquated technology and learned a lot in that process. Because I enjoy creative problem-solving and fast pace environments, the job was really fulfilling.

Selected few people I worked with were truly some of the best talents I have ever met throughout my career with great personalities. However, some of them have left or might no longer be there as you read this.

Environment is casual, everyone is in the 27 year old range, if you are young, this could be a fun company to work in.

The Experian brand looks great on your resume, good for your next career jump.

Company structure is simple and easy to navigate (if you exclude the Experian company).

Occasional free food and alcohol can be a plus.

Casual and comfortable environment and dress code.

Cons

Complete lack of leadership and strategic vision. I thought the management were very childish and clicky. I felt almost as if they were all still in high school. This trickles down to every aspect of the company, from the way they treat employees to they way they compete in the market.

Job promotions are done unfairly, not even really based on seniority which I can understand to some extend. They will usually complement a hard worker but the promotion will be passed to someone who is a suck up. Even if these suck ups are horrible at their job, lazy, slack all day and is completely unqualified. You can imagine the cause and effect leading to bad managers and lost employees/high turnover.

Majority of mid level management are young (under 30) and are still learning to be leaders. This is acceptable if these guys are trying to be good leaders. Problem is most of them think they don't need to improve.

Profanity, hooking up at company events and expressing inappropriate behavior is acceptable. The most unprofessional environment I have been apart of.

There is no such thing as processes/control/efficiency. They operate like a start up which is a downfall for such a large organization. They company grew but the internal processes remained antiquated which causes a lot of issues and inefficiencies leading to long hours, out of scope projects, angry clients, internal miscommunication etc

Turnover is really high, right before I left, there were about 1 person quitting almost every week.

Complete lack of training, you will need to figure everything out yourself with no support from your management team. If you make a mistake due to lack of training, its still your fault. If you like to sink/swim in a job, this is the place for you. Otherwise, close this window and reconsider another job unless you're desperate.

This goes out to the Experian Company, its time you watch this division closely. They day of depending on profits based on high volume retail clients are over. If you don't revamp the management, watch this company's vision/operations closely soon, they will go down the gutter and all your good employees will be gone.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Experian Marketing Services (View Most Recent)

This is a positive, engaging, and supportive company.

Current Employee - Client Implementation Lead  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job is challenging and rewarding and I have learned a tremendous amount about internet technologies, project management, client relationship service, marketing fundamentals and so much more. Tons of opportunity and room for growth.

Cons

email marketing can be seen as spammy by your friends. The workload can come and go in waves so sometimes you're not super busy while other times it's a lot of late nights. Still, I rarely work past 7:30 and most nights I'm out right at 6-630.

Warp Speed - Crash Landing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services

Pros

Free bagels every Wednesday
    Some good people (those who don't take themselves too seriously)
    Great place if you're a supercharged type-a personality
    Looks good on a resume

Cons

No work/life balance
    Management overly concerned with making themselves look good
    Cliquish work environment
    Young workforce with immature attitudes make it difficult to grow
    Way to much ego and back-stabbing among middle management
    Way too meeting intensive - townhalls, state of the industry, etc. - cutting into effective work time
    Not very cutting edge in terms of technology (yet exclaim to be a 'technology company')
    Poor training by inexperienced trainers
    Poor documentation and processes - makes it difficult to pick up from where your predecessor left-off
    Too much outsourcing to Costa Rica.

Some people shouldn't be managers if they have no leadership experience. A manager should be available to offer advice and guidance, not just to sign your timesheet and tell you when you do something wrong. Lead with positive reinforcement rather than non-constructive criticism. If you can't be bothered, then a management role isn't for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian Marketing Services

Worked for Experian Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!