Experian Marketing Services

www.experian.com/marketingservices
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Experian Marketing Services

Great place to work among super smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance -- I guess every team is different, but I find my schedule to be incredibly reasonable. It's not that I don't stay if I have to get my work done, but those late nights are few and far between and by late I am talking 7pm. Coming from financial services, that's leaving early. Flexible about working from home Free breakfast/snacks/fruit, cheap vending machine items. Sounds like a small thing to mention, but for me coming from banking, this was huge. It makes me feel like they really care about their employees. Great supportive environment -- I've been here almost a year and so far I've only met one or two people who didn't seem like competent, good people.

Cons

The headquarters are really cramped The operating system is old and hardly works on most sites. We'll see if I'm able to even post this correctly!

Advice to Management

I think management knows that the industry is rapidly evolving and that we have to stay on top of it, and I think they are working feverishly in that direction. But I would just say to them, yeah, you're right we have to grow and change, so keep at it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Extremely Toxic Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The provided regular snacks and there were some good coworkers, but not many.

Cons

Managers were clueless and created a very toxic environment. I have never worked anywhere like this before and hope I never do again. Managers are the most unprofessional I have ever worked with. They regularly and openly ridicule subordinates and on more than one occasion take total credit for the work of someone else. Run as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

It's too far gone for any advice...

Was great, got worse!

Former Employee - Software Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great vacation package. Salaries are pretty good too

Cons

Experian beaurocracy came into play and layers of management piled on top of the folks who actually did the work. Managers have no clue what's going on below them anymore, and are managing to some high level directives above them -- that they don't communicate downward. Was better when the old Cheetamail folks still had some control.