Extremely Toxic Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The provided regular snacks and there were some good coworkers, but not many.

Cons

Managers were clueless and created a very toxic environment. I have never worked anywhere like this before and hope I never do again. Managers are the most unprofessional I have ever worked with. They regularly and openly ridicule subordinates and on more than one occasion take total credit for the work of someone else. Run as fast as you can.

It's too far gone for any advice...

Other Reviews for Experian Marketing Services

Was great, got worse!

Former Employee - Software Development Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, great vacation package. Salaries are pretty good too

Cons

Experian beaurocracy came into play and layers of management piled on top of the folks who actually did the work. Managers have no clue what's going on below them anymore, and are managing to some high level directives above them -- that they don't communicate downward.

Was better when the old Cheetamail folks still had some control.

Good corporate culture

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Corporate culture is nice. They try to keep their employees happy with various perks like monthly company sponsored happy hours, cash awards for work well done, birthday/anniversary notifications/gifts, etc. Senior management sends out annual company wide surveys & actually takes the responses seriously. The company started on the whole hackday trend, which is nice, although they didn't seem to capitalize on many of the great ideas.

Cons

It's a Perl shop. For software developers, there's not a lot of cutting edge technology, our software pretty much sucks in the email marketing realm, there's not strong leadership, there's not a clearly defined path for career growth, we seriously risk falling behind in the email market (our strong suit is customer service, not software!). People are leaving in droves & management is having a very difficult time with retention at this point.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian Marketing Services.

Worked for Experian Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!