There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Think twice before working here....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian

Pros

Generous vacation and work life balance.
Open work space.
Continuously changing.

Cons

Experian loves having middle management who do nothing and who treat their employees as children. You will a high turn over due to employees quitting Experian. Management does not encourage a positive work environment, nor do they understand the employees are the backbone of the company. The pay is well below industry standards, if it wasn't for the vacation package I don't think anybody would stay. Raises are pretty much non existent even as a top employee, management will try their best to justify why they gave you pennies on the dollar. As for professional growth, one word of advice- RUN! Experian has been consistently cutting jobs, outsourcing and placing hiring freezes. Most managers do not want to mentor, provide feedback and avoid firing low performing employees. Overall, AVOID this place and seek out a company who encourages professional growth with fair pay and fair practices.

Advice to Management

Cut out middle management, they are of no use and do not benefit the department. Yes, when employees call their executive management with concerns please listen. Pay the employees what they are worth or they will just keep going to the competition. Improve and invest in your technology as well.

reviews filtered by

Company does not allow for work family balance

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Project Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian

Pros

Used to be good place, steadily going down hill.

Cons

Upper Mangement doesn't understand working employees. They don't get it. They are constantly changing. I have had probably 5 different bosses in the past 10 years. Even though cost of living is going up and we have been profitable, our raises continue to be next to nothing. You give and give, but they never consider the person who is working more than their 40 hours and giving the company 150%. They just keep taking things away.

Advice to Management

For once consider your employees needs. The people DOING the work need to be considered.

2. Great place to stretch and expand your skill sets, lots of challenging work, its been a great career choice for me

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

I have been working at Experian

Pros

Very talented and dedicated employees, team members support each other and will go the extra mile to help meet client commitments. Excellent benefits, a strong focus on making healthy choices and participating in health improvement activities.

Cons

Location plays a huge role in the opportunities that come your way. Schaumburg is the place to be to have job advancement opportunities. In a remote location, the end of the road appears much sooner then if one worked at a main campus.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian