Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Laying off their best people for some immediate cost savings, and doing it quietly.

Product Manager (Former Employee)
Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian

ProsGood benefits (although they've been cut in recent years), generally some opportunities for movement within the organization during better economic periods. Resources can be constrained (IT, project management, finance) but compared to smaller companies, the level of support is decent.

ConsHighly political. You can have a track record of excellence and accomplishment, but be laid off or mistreated when a flashy new manager comes in and, like a gorilla, gets rid of the progeny of his predecessor. Severance packages are very weak and actual lay-off process is inhumane. The only way to get ahead at Experian is to form political alliances and hop from group to group. In other words, it's not merit-based. Incompetent people are promoted because of some factor unknown to most of the organization, their mistakes covered up and other people blamed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the results of individual contributors (such as performance reviews) before allowing middle management to lay off dozens of workers. You lost some stellar performers in the last quarter. A whole business unit should not be reorganized and cut 20% because a new VP comes in and decides to mix it up after 3-4 weeks.

Go somewhere else to look for work!

V. . Suck-It-Up (Current Employee)
Latham, NY

I have been working at Experian

Pros: Benefits, co-workers, immediate supervisor, relaxed work atmosphere. Cons: Senior Mgmt focused on same banking principles they came from - not an employee focused company.… Advice to Senior Management: Need new Sr. Mgmt in MSG. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

bored

Client Services Advisor (Current Employee)
Santiago, MN

I have been working at Experian

Pros: Stable, easy work my contract are for 45 hours but most… Cons: boring work. people just come to work and leave quicky. Advice to Senior Management: move the interesting work from the USA to Chile, people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Experian.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.