There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Good place to hang out for a few years, if that's what you are into...

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Experian

Pros

Good, stable, and growing employer with many good people.

Cons

Typical large company beuracracy and lack of urgency in responding to markets.

Advice to Management

Break down the walls and silos throughout the organization so that real results can be achieved for clients of the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Overall great place to work.

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager

I have been working at Experian

Pros

The people, the culture, and the fact that the company is very generous when it comes to its employees.

Cons

Having Experian creep in our smaller company making things a little bit tougher to get done.

Advice to Management

Manage change better. Keep the culture of your smaller business units in tact.

Experian is a decent place to work unless you want to grow your career.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian

Pros

Experian is a great place to work if you are a very strong contributor and are looking for a stable environment where you can work for many years. As you build your tenure, your time off allotment grows tremendously. I get 25 vacation days a year. This is in addition to 5 sick days and 10 paid holidays. The hours are pretty flexible and you can work from home on occasion or even frequently depending on your boss. The health benefits are outstanding and they match 100% on your 401(k) up to 4%.

Cons

Don't expect much of a raise or a promotion. Raises are typically 3% a year, even if you have a good year. Layoffs are a common occurrence as the company is constantly cutting costs. Technology and operations jobs are being shipped to South America. If you are a top performer and have been around a while, you should have little to worry about, but you will have to work even harder due to fewer people to carry the workload. The company is ultra conservative, often to the detriment of growing the business. This means fewer career growth opportunities because most areas of the company are not growing.

Advice to Management

A lot of decisions at Experian are made out of fear. People are generally not willing to take a chance. This is part of the culture from the top to the bottom of the company. I would recommend to senior management that they start encouraging risk taking to grow the business. I would also recommend to senior management to take a chance themselves and start investing in the business. There are so many opportunities for Experian to grow its business and the biggest obstacle is the cloud of fear and conservatism that limits growth. I give Don Robert a neutral opinion because he has done some things right, most notably the new company branding and an effort to start developing synergies across global business lines. On the negative side, there is an aversion to investing for growth. We just had an IPO a year and a half ago. Where did all that money go? Senior management's pockets? It certainly wasn't reinvested into the company!