Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Fair but boring place to work

I have been working at Experian full-time

ProsExperian has established and matured market a.k.a cash cow. Means people don't get pushed too much about making profits -compare to the companies losing $- as well as has guaranteed work/life balance.

Outsourcing happens in massive scale but candidates selection process seems fair enough. Tho it attracted a lot of negative feedback here in Glassdoor.

Not much politics involved in review process, which is fairly rare in type of company. (Long running with cash cow but unable to expand anymore for decades.)

ConsManagement prefer acquire companies rather than invest money for internal R&D etc just like any other company these days.

However, since the cash for acquisition is coming from outsourcing and as a lot of former employees complaining about not highly regarding 'loyalty', it's probably not a good place for long term career.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't be so bureaucratic. I mean, 1-5 scale performance assessment is fine but the gaps between them? Well.. considering only <10% people get 5 stars, that doesn't really make any distinction for mega contributors and many people leave the company because of it.

Experian Decision analytics

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Brand, within last years it's hard to say anything else… Cons: Old products, old type of thinking hidden under would-be modern… Advice to Senior Management: Products range needs total deep reshaping. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Has potential to be great, let down by constant cost slashing and Senior Managers' performance & attitudes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Southport, England (UK)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Worked with a great team of people in the regional office. Projects I was involved with were… Cons: Loyalty and ability count for nothing. Senior Managers' primary goal is saving money. End of. Bonus scheme is very mean. In the "improved" version of… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out how you can increase the share price by… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Experian.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.