There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good technical staff (co-workers) and well defined set of tasks or responsibilities. Pay is average, and work flexibility is up to your manager. Good set of procedures and policies in place. Not a lot of turn-over at the non-management level. My manager was very good at insulating us from inappropriate tasks or requests from outside our department.

Cons

Constant re-organization. First we were going to off-shore tech jobs and we did. A few years later the reversed the decision and closed the off-shore facility as well as some branch offices. Management doesn't really look to employee feedback in a meaningful way, though few places do.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not cutting-edge but still a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Good 401(K) plan (matches up to 4%)
    -Pretty good benefits and competitive pay
    -Professional development and training
    -Huge company and many different career opportunities
    -Lots of longevity here. A lot of people have been here over 35+years!

Cons

-Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)
    -Very good-ol' boys mentality here. A bunch or people making a few people lots of money
    -Technology for employees to work with is pretty old stuff. They recently upgraded everyone to Win7, and Windows 8 has already been out.
    -I'm not on these teams, but it sounds like a lot of lay-offs occur here when you're in Sales or Business type positions

Advice to Management

For these surveys you make us take, please don't misinterpret the meanings. When the people said better career development opportunities, they did not mean they wanted more forms to fill out.

2. Experian promotes work life balance, social wellness and is a great place to work

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Experian has a generous vacation package. Some Business Units have a dynamic and start up culture and they match 401ks contributions to a point. There is potential for good career growth.

Cons

Employee contributions to our Health Plan is not insignificant and the plans are so-so. Employees can't carry vacation over, (use it or stop accruing). Weak managers can derail an employees experience at Experian. Management development is weak and the quality of managers varies wildly across the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian