Experian

www.experiangroup.com
  www.experiangroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good technical staff (co-workers) and well defined set of tasks or responsibilities. Pay is average, and work flexibility is up to your manager. Good set of procedures and policies in place. Not a lot of turn-over at the non-management level. My manager was very good at insulating us from inappropriate tasks or requests from outside our department.

Cons

Constant re-organization. First we were going to off-shore tech jobs and we did. A few years later the reversed the decision and closed the off-shore facility as well as some branch offices. Management doesn't really look to employee feedback in a meaningful way, though few places do.

289 Other Employee Reviews for Experian (View Most Recent)

Not cutting-edge but still a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Good 401(K) plan (matches up to 4%)
    -Pretty good benefits and competitive pay
    -Professional development and training
    -Huge company and many different career opportunities
    -Lots of longevity here. A lot of people have been here over 35+years!

Cons

-Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)
    -Very good-ol' boys mentality here. A bunch or people making a few people lots of money
    -Technology for employees to work with is pretty old stuff. They recently upgraded everyone to Win7, and Windows 8 has already been out.
    -I'm not on these teams, but it sounds like a lot of lay-offs occur here when you're in Sales or Business type positions

For these surveys you make us take, please don't misinterpret the meanings. When the people said better career development opportunities, they did not mean they wanted more forms to fill out.

No Job Satisfaction

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible work hours and work-from-home policies.

Cons

No job satisfaction.
    No training.
    No respect for personal time during evenings, weekends, and holidays.
    Constant threat of being laid off, resulting in overly competitive, uncooperative co-workers.
    Common practice of using large email distribution lists when bickering back and forth.
    Management prefers multi-tasking over listening, until something goes terribly wrong.
    Very little, if any, opportunities for advancement.

Invest in your employees and listen to their concerns, especially those who are willing to make sacrifices on your behalf.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian