There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Find an identity, less re-orgs, compensate appropriately, instead of always demanding performance

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Established client base, a lot of years managing client data.

Cons

Challenge being able to sell solutions into existing client base, no solid direction on company goals, and unrealistic view on time it takes to execute a contract

Advice to Management

develop a plan that reaches all levels of the organization. Have a real vision and do a better job of recognizing people's skills and talents. Less talk, more action.

reviews filtered by
  1. Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good technical staff (co-workers) and well defined set of tasks or responsibilities. Pay is average, and work flexibility is up to your manager. Good set of procedures and policies in place. Not a lot of turn-over at the non-management level. My manager was very good at insulating us from inappropriate tasks or requests from outside our department.

Cons

Constant re-organization. First we were going to off-shore tech jobs and we did. A few years later the reversed the decision and closed the off-shore facility as well as some branch offices. Management doesn't really look to employee feedback in a meaningful way, though few places do.

2. Not cutting-edge but still a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good 401(K) plan (matches up to 4%)
    -Pretty good benefits and competitive pay
    -Professional development and training
    -Huge company and many different career opportunities
    -Lots of longevity here. A lot of people have been here over 35+years!

Cons

-Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)
    -Very good-ol' boys mentality here. A bunch or people making a few people lots of money
    -Technology for employees to work with is pretty old stuff. They recently upgraded everyone to Win7, and Windows 8 has already been out.
    -I'm not on these teams, but it sounds like a lot of lay-offs occur here when you're in Sales or Business type positions

Advice to Management

For these surveys you make us take, please don't misinterpret the meanings. When the people said better career development opportunities, they did not mean they wanted more forms to fill out.