Account Executive (BIS) - Great Job To Horrendous Job In Less Than 1 Year

Former Employee - Account Executive in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Account Executive in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company benefits are actually very good as far as PTO, 401K match, insurance and stock programs are concerned. The Schaumburg campus is nice, clean and relatively easy to get to.

Cons

Sales goals for BIS are completely unrealistic given that there is absolutely no investment in the products or marketing whatsoever. How a business unit that fails to hit its goals last year sets higher, even more unattainable targets this year without any additional investment in the business is mindboggling. The curent idea of brining in cheaper, less experienced sales reps is not the answer either as there is absolutely zero training aside from one day of webinars. Managment at all levels is absolutely atrocious as none of them have any experience in the credit or sales and run the organization like a bank not an information services company/credit bureau. This is literally the only company I have ever seen that promotes/hires sales managers with ZERO sales experience!

Advice to Management

Stop the practice of cronyism and hire managers that are competent and capable of doing their job and turning the business around. When a manager clearly fails to succeed, he/she should not be promoted or re-assigned, they should be terminated. Stop hiring and promoting people to be sales managers if they have absolutely no sales experience and then being surprised when they fail.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Find an identity, less re-orgs, compensate appropriately, instead of always demanding performance

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Established client base, a lot of years managing client data.

Cons

Challenge being able to sell solutions into existing client base, no solid direction on company goals, and unrealistic view on time it takes to execute a contract

Advice to Management

develop a plan that reaches all levels of the organization. Have a real vision and do a better job of recognizing people's skills and talents. Less talk, more action.

2. Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good technical staff (co-workers) and well defined set of tasks or responsibilities. Pay is average, and work flexibility is up to your manager. Good set of procedures and policies in place. Not a lot of turn-over at the non-management level. My manager was very good at insulating us from inappropriate tasks or requests from outside our department.

Cons

Constant re-organization. First we were going to off-shore tech jobs and we did. A few years later the reversed the decision and closed the off-shore facility as well as some branch offices. Management doesn't really look to employee feedback in a meaningful way, though few places do.