There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Pressure Cooker

Current Employee - Channel Sales Director in Allen, TX
Current Employee - Channel Sales Director in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent Benefits
Sales people work from their home offices

Cons

Encourage back stabbing culture to get ahead
Highly political
Regular purging of employees
Poor Executive Management - most came from the banking industry and have kept their failed policies

Enough of the employee surveys that are always manipulated to look like everyone is so happy to work for Experian. Open your eyes and see what kind of environment you have created. There are no team players. People are only looking out for #1. Create an honest culture without cronyism and watch the company flourish.

reviews filtered by
  1. Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good technical staff (co-workers) and well defined set of tasks or responsibilities. Pay is average, and work flexibility is up to your manager. Good set of procedures and policies in place. Not a lot of turn-over at the non-management level. My manager was very good at insulating us from inappropriate tasks or requests from outside our department.

Cons

Constant re-organization. First we were going to off-shore tech jobs and we did. A few years later the reversed the decision and closed the off-shore facility as well as some branch offices. Management doesn't really look to employee feedback in a meaningful way, though few places do.

2. Not cutting-edge but still a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Good 401(K) plan (matches up to 4%)
    -Pretty good benefits and competitive pay
    -Professional development and training
    -Huge company and many different career opportunities
    -Lots of longevity here. A lot of people have been here over 35+years!

Cons

-Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)
    -Very good-ol' boys mentality here. A bunch or people making a few people lots of money
    -Technology for employees to work with is pretty old stuff. They recently upgraded everyone to Win7, and Windows 8 has already been out.
    -I'm not on these teams, but it sounds like a lot of lay-offs occur here when you're in Sales or Business type positions

For these surveys you make us take, please don't misinterpret the meanings. When the people said better career development opportunities, they did not mean they wanted more forms to fill out.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian