There are newer employer reviews for Experis

Very Professional Company

I have been working at Experis

Pros

They offer the normal benefits - medical, dental, Life insurance, Stock Purchase Plan etc. You are an employee, not a contractor.

Cons

Only 5 paid holidays after 6 months employment. Not much vacation offered. Insurance premiums rather costly.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Experis (View Most Recent)

Comsys was Manpowerized

Former Employee - Recruiter/Sales
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Sales

I worked at Experis full-time

Pros

There used to be good reasons to work at Experis before Comsys was purchased by Manpower. They used to offer great training and on-going professional development, but not anymore. If you know your capabilities are going to top out around Mediocre, you'll have a job, because mediocre numbers will make you look like a superstar.

Cons

Metricized to the point of paralysis. 10 layers of 'management.' The common operating model, which they think is 'revolutionary,' is terrible in practical use. Lots of internal fighting between branches/territories. Very little appreciation for their contractors. SG&A funds are cut back quarterly. The SLAs negotiated with large VMO companies would be mocked at other companies not desperate for business. Commissions are well below industry average (topping out at a whopping 7.5%). 6 holidays a year (you even work the Friday after Thanksgiving). The Solutions Practices couldn't care less about helping the local folks unless there's gobs of money in it for them.

Ironic you'll send the CEO & several others to the WEF in Davos (how much does that run every year? $500k? $750k?) yet 2012 commissions and SG&A were both severely cut back. Great message. How many tenured employees did you lose this year?

Good experiences and bad

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Experis as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

It took six years, but I finally got them to negotiate a (small) for the company I consult for, and they threw in a bonus of paid national holidays.
    My direct supervisor is always ready to talk with me when there is an issue, and she tries to find ways to help me when that is needed.

Cons

The timekeeping system is onerous and doesn't jibe with what my consulting company wants, so I have to keep two timesheets.
    The fact that it took six years to get a raise is also a con. Part of the problem was the company for which I am consulting, to be sure, but I don't think Experis was proactive in negotiating for me.

Reward hard-working consultants earlier in their careers.

There are newer employer reviews for Experis