There are newer employer reviews for Experis

Professionalism at fast-food wages? Yeah right.

Current Employee - Software QA Tester in Sioux Falls, SD
Current Employee - Software QA Tester in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Experis as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I guess it pays a paycheck. Not much of one. But a paycheck. The office has heat, electricity. I can't really jump for joy about this job. OK the cafeteria in the building isn't bad. They are good about requesting parts of the day off.

Cons

- Everything I was told to get me in the door to this job was untrue. You will be recruited by an account manager whose job is to placate the client (Citibank) and basically sell you into this job. You work for Citibank but are not a Citibank employee. They hold out the idea of getting a “real” Citibank full-time job as this carrot to entice you to keep working but that rarely happens. Companies like Citibank have hiring freezes but somehow have large project budgets that end up being large, endless projects. Companies like Experis are just a bunch of middlemen who bill you out at 50-75-100% more than your piddly hourly wage and act like they are doing some amazing service.

- Wages are on par with fast food. You are told that this is a “learning experience” or sort of an “internship” but there is nowhere to go with this. In fact I’m worried how this job will look on my resume for future employers. If you have a HS diploma this is probably a pretty decent job. Anything higher than that? KEEP LOOKING.

- Reviews? Raises? They don’t exist. Benefits? You could buy your own private health insurance and it would cost less.

- There is no management or management structure. You will work for a “lead tester” who probably has less education than you. Is this person really your boss, are they a manager? Hard to tell; they too are an hourly employee who is paranoid about everything. I don’t know who I really work for to be honest. And if he/she has any inkling that you have any aspiration to do anything there he/she will make it a priority to make you miserable and act like a complete sociopath. They can’t really fire you, they just make you suffer in hopes that you will go away.

- None of the leads have much tenure. A year maybe? What does that say about turnover? From what I can tell the only reason most of the leads have their job is that they are the only ones crazy, sociopathic and desperate enough to stick around to move up. With that nobody has any idea what they are really doing.

- You work “alongside” a crew in India. The company likes to whipsaw the two groups (to keep wages low) and pull the work from one or the other as they find ways to justify it cost-wise. I’m told years ago all of the software testing was done in Sioux Falls then was sent to India and everyone canned. In the last couple years some of the testing was pulled back from India (and a bunch of people there lost their jobs there) and given back to Sioux Falls. The India team is apprehensive about giving up all of their knowledge and “secrets” of the application in order to keep themselves employed (and who can blame them?).

- Nothing ever works right. I know it’s software testing but seriously! The test data you are given is always defective. You spend all day trying to make data do something for you then are griped at for not passing any test scripts.

- The workgroup is so spread around the place it’s unreal. You could be dealing with managers in several states, testers in several states (and overseas), leads in several states (and overseas) all on an IM chat window. Nobody ever sits down to a meeting to talk about things. I know that meetings are the bane of everyone’s existence but you have to have some at least sometime!

- Once anyone learns the job they immediately pick up and go somewhere else. The low wages and sociopathic leads guarantee that. The turnover is unnecessarily high. For something as important and specialized as testing wouldn’t you want to do your best to keep and retain good employees? They sure don’t do that here.

Nothing works right. I can't imagine that this is the way to keep a customer like Citibank satisfied. Pay your employees real wages and you will get real results. There is no pride here.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Experis (View Most Recent)

some good experience. . . . . . if you are lucky

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Experis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with a variety of fortune 500 companies and held decent interim positions

Cons

No career advancement, training, or recognition for a job well done

Find a way to give back to your employees, loyalty reap loyalty

Past employee's view on Experis

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Experis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The money is GREAT but...

Cons

The word unethical doesn't even begin to discribe the company. Managers making false offers to candidates, employees breaking into fights on the floor, expected to work 60 hour work weeks, inappropriate behavior between employees and managment (It's still the 80s there), high turnover with staff...

There are newer employer reviews for Experis